What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

50 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They will assign GTYs first, but there is a chance it is bids being accepted, because we have observed here that bids are typically processed much earlier on European itineraries than they are for North American itineraries. My suspicion is that it was GTYs being assigned, but some bids being accepted this early on your sailing is certainly possible.

My GTY was assigned two days after booking ?

50 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They will assign GTYs first, but there is a chance it is bids being accepted, because we have observed here that bids are typically processed much earlier on European itineraries than they are for North American itineraries. My suspicion is that it was GTYs being assigned, but some bids being accepted this early on your sailing is certainly possible.

Well I just checked again (because I’m obsessive I guess) and balconies now show 48 available so I don’t know what happened this morning.  Maybe site glitch or something.  So back to the waiting game.

Morning peeps.   New to this bidding stuff.  Is there a place to see what cabins are available for my cruise coming up in August on the Joy.        Thanks.  

MINI-SUITE STATEROOM 
12268 , CATEGORY ma.    

7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Morning peeps.   New to this bidding stuff.  Is there a place to see what cabins are available for my cruise coming up in August on the Joy.        Thanks.  

MINI-SUITE STATEROOM 
12268 , CATEGORY ma.    

Mock bookings on the NCL site will give you a general idea of availability, but they will only show up to a maximum of 15 available rooms in any given category. Alternatively, if you scroll back a few pages in this thread, there were some clues given to TA sites that will show more than 15 available rooms. I am sorry to be so cryptic, but it is against the TOS of this website to mention specific travel agency sites.

8 hours ago, Say811 said:

I am sailing on the Star to Greek isles on 6/23 (so just over a month out).  I am booked oceanview but have bid on balcony and mini suite.  I have been monitoring available cabins in those categories for weeks and never noticed more than 1 or 2 change each week...on Friday still 47 balconies left.  However this morning, down to 30.  Huge swing compared to activity I’ve been seeing.  Do you think it’s true sales...or assignment for guarantees...any chance it’s bids being accepted this far out (mine still show pending)??  Do they usually assign guarantees or bid first?

We are also on this sailing. We caved and paid for an upgrade from oceanview to guarantee balcony since all 4 perks are being offered this weekend. We had decided we really wanted a balcony and didn’t want to take a chance on not getting the upgrade. Since we are getting 2 additional perks we decided to go for it. Also the prices have gone down from last week.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, eowyn13 said:

We are also on this sailing. We caved and paid for an upgrade from oceanview to guarantee balcony since all 4 perks are being offered this weekend. We had decided we really wanted a balcony and didn’t want to take a chance on not getting the upgrade. Since we are getting 2 additional perks we decided to go for it. Also the prices have gone down from last week.

So you got the extra perks even though you were past final payment or hadn’t you made final payment..?

i always knew you could upgrade at the new rate but thought you had to keep the perks you had originally. I knew if you went from inside to OV you would gain the 2nd standard perk but not with Promo’s.

Anyone else ever get this done?

We had made final payment. The “upgrade” was treated as a new booking. We paid the difference between what we originally paid and the new booking, plus the extra service charges for the beverage package.

The promo for the weekend for balconies and mini suites is all free at sea promos.

15 minutes ago, eowyn13 said:

We had made final payment. The “upgrade” was treated as a new booking. We paid the difference between what we originally paid and the new booking, plus the extra service charges for the beverage package.

The promo for the weekend for balconies and mini suites is all free at sea promos.

That’s what confusing..

You can’t do a new booking without canceling and your only 5 weeks out so would have lost a considerable amount of your initial booking to cancel and rebook..

Im not doubting you got what you got but want to see how you did it because I’m in the same situation and see an opportunity to get some additional perks possibly..

Very curious..

27 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

That’s what confusing..

You can’t do a new booking without canceling and your only 5 weeks out so would have lost a considerable amount of your initial booking to cancel and rebook..

Im not doubting you got what you got but want to see how you did it because I’m in the same situation and see an opportunity to get some additional perks possibly..

Very curious..

I'm also confused because I'm in a similar situation - past the final payment date on my August cruise where I'll only receive two perks on a balcony instead of four. I called NCL and was told by multiple people that I'd incur the cancellation fee if they rebooked me with the new promo.

I upgraded from Oceanview to Balcony. Paid the difference between the two.

the promo for the 4 perks is on until tomorrow. Check the NCL website.

i book through the Canadian NCL website. Not sure if that makes a difference.

its worth contacting your TA or NCL to see what they tell you.

i apologize for the confusion as I see now that “ new booking “  was not the correct choice of words.

I can't believe they have not done the bidding match for Star 5/24 - Yesterday I tried to see what suites were still open and the cruise was completely blocked out couldn't even do a mock booking.  This morning it is up again and now the 2 suites I've been hoping to be matched too are available again!  Well I guess the waiting should be over by tomorrow:) 

1 hour ago, beccahoke said:

Has anyone had their bid accepted yet for the June 2nd sailing from NYC to Bermuda on Escape? I know it's usually the week of sailing,  but just curious if anyone has gotten early acceptance?

I am on the Roll Call for that sailing and yesterday someone posted they had been upgraded from an H5 to an H4, but that is the only upgrade news I've heard so far. They did drop the prices on H4s yesterday, so I suspect that the person's bid was high enough to trigger some sort of auto-accept due to the price drop? I expect the bulk of the upgrades to be processed next week.

13 minutes ago, dubroben22 said:

i am on that trip also, and yesterday most of haven cabins mini suites disappeared. maybe there was first round of upgrades

There were actually very few mini-suites remaining even going into yesterday, so I am not surprised all of the categories besides MX and MC (GTY) got flagged as sold out. There were only 5 available mini-suites prior to that. So either GTYs got assigned or they just pulled what was left to cover any future GTY sales.

Edited by JamieLogical

I’m on the Pearl In July, I was bidding on an upgrade from interior to balcony. Noticed that the mini suites were selling for l as than the balcony on the ncl website and asked TA to check upgrade price, much less than balcony and only slightly above our bid price so went for it. However we have retained all previous benefits, drinks, gratuities and internet, I had assumed we would move to the free at sea deal, is this normal?

Also since I have now upgraded will I be offered another opportunity to bid for a higher cabin again? I’m happy with mini suit, but always open to a full suite, unfortunately Haven is full for our sailing

9 minutes ago, Kenny1080 said:

I’m on the Pearl In July, I was bidding on an upgrade from interior to balcony. Noticed that the mini suites were selling for l as than the balcony on the ncl website and asked TA to check upgrade price, much less than balcony and only slightly above our bid price so went for it. However we have retained all previous benefits, drinks, gratuities and internet, I had assumed we would move to the free at sea deal, is this normal?

Also since I have now upgraded will I be offered another opportunity to bid for a higher cabin again? I’m happy with mini suit, but always open to a full suite, unfortunately Haven is full for our sailing

If you did the direct upgrade after final payment, you typically only get the perks you already had booked. As for an opportunity to bid via Upgrade Advantage, you should get that as well, though it may take up to 48 hours for the system to register your new room type and offer you the correct upgrade categories.

Does anybody know if I could bid for upgrade from Family Ocean View with Window (Category O1) to Haven 2-bedroom (Category H4)  on NCL Escape for a family of five passengers? If not, can I first book a family mini-suite with balcony (Category M2) and then bid for upgrade to Haven 2-bedroom before adding the fifth passenger after winning the Haven upgrade bid? The reason is because category M2 can only fit 4 passengers at initial booking. Thank you in advance for all the feedback and suggestions.

41 minutes ago, kelwong4 said:

Does anybody know if I could bid for upgrade from Family Ocean View with Window (Category O1) to Haven 2-bedroom (Category H4)  on NCL Escape for a family of five passengers? If not, can I first book a family mini-suite with balcony (Category M2) and then bid for upgrade to Haven 2-bedroom before adding the fifth passenger after winning the Haven upgrade bid? The reason is because category M2 can only fit 4 passengers at initial booking. Thank you in advance for all the feedback and suggestions.

I would think it would depend on when you get your bid accepted.  Often it is only two days before sailing which I would think would be too late to add a passenger.  However, if your bid was accepted sooner, I would imagine it could be done.  Maybe someone will comment that has done this.  I have often wondered if people have done this before, especially with the 3 bedroom garden villas.

To my knowledge, if and when you win a bid.  You can not change anything about your original reservation.  If you were able to, you would have to speak with the NCL gods(lol) and they would determine the applicable charges for the additional passenger.  

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

If you did the direct upgrade after final payment, you typically only get the perks you already had booked. As for an opportunity to bid via Upgrade Advantage, you should get that as well, though it may take up to 48 hours for the system to register your new room type and offer you the correct upgrade categories.

I did not realize this was usually the case.  I asked to upgrade to a suite after final payment and our PCC sent me an invoice where we would lose all our prior perks, including the air perk where they would now charge the excess reduced fare.  Made it cost prohibitive to do it.  Instead, we bid a fair bid at almost retail and got to keep our original perks when we won the upgrade.  This PCC has cost us other losses based on her information.  I was already thinking of changing PCCs and this new info may have tipped the bucket.  Thanks for any insight.

B5B1CAB6-1E75-494D-9997-F1922A24556C.jpeg

Edited by sulala
Misspelled

1 hour ago, kelwong4 said:

Forgot to mention that you can not bid on haven from oceanview, and they will not allow you to book more than the max allowed in a stateroom.  Best bet is to find a room that accommodates your family and bid up from there

Edited by beccahoke

We were on the sun 4 day to cubs May 6 in a mini aft . Two weeks before that I noticed prices on the suites in the Front were priced about the same as I paid . I called NCL and asked , they moved us at no cost and we kept the perks . The suite was right under the bridge and came with concierge benefits etc . Our first trip ever with NCL.   never hurts to ask 

• Like 1