What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Thanks for the input - though someone actually might have that info if they have been following the process long enough or as an agent or by some other means has more inside info than the rest of us so . :)

We've bid since it was first allowed. We upgraded before there was even a bidding process.

The only inside information is that if you don't bid, you can't win.

Oh well just got the email (48 hrs prior to cruising) that the bid was not accepted :D

We are on the Sun , OV, the bid was for balcony and mini suite it was in the high poor range LOL

The cruise was sold out to begin with so I wasn't expecting anything. Good thing I now know what bidding is and how it works :D

Same here, in obstructed OV on Sun. Bid low for balcony or mini. Just got email yesterday it was not accepted. Okay with that as our OV is one of the largest.

Personally I liked the old way better as it was more straightforward. You called to see what they had at what price and that was that.

I've just received an upgrade offer. We are currently booked for an inside and can bid for an oceanview, balcony or spa balcony. I've researched a bit and see bids getting accepted at about $75pp for a balcony.

How can I research how many rooms are left on a ship?

Do a mock booking....

How can I research how many rooms are left on a ship?

The only way we, as normal customers, can get any idea is to do mock bookings. Some things to note: when inventory in a specific category gets low, it typically switches to GTY, so you can no longer see the specific rooms available. Also, the site will only show you a maximum of 15 available rooms in a given category, so if you see at least 15 available, there is no way to know how many more than that there are. Could be 16, could be 60.

The only way we, as normal customers, can get any idea is to do mock bookings. Some things to note: when inventory in a specific category gets low, it typically switches to GTY, so you can no longer see the specific rooms available. Also, the site will only show you a maximum of 15 available rooms in a given category, so if you see at least 15 available, there is no way to know how many more than that there are. Could be 16, could be 60.

Thanks so much, that's very helpful. I did a mock booking and can see 29 balconies available. 15 in one category, 14 in another...plus the GTY. Either way, I'll be happy!

Thanks so much, that's very helpful. I did a mock booking and can see 29 balconies available. 15 in one category, 14 in another...plus the GTY. Either way, I'll be happy!

15 is the maximum it will show in any category. So it could be 15, it could be 50. Call NCL or your favorite travel agent and they can give you an exact count.

Our TA booked us in a group which gave us some extra perks - the drink package with drink gratuities included plus daily service charge included. Does anyone know if we have a chance of getting the offer to bid for upgrade and, if so, would we lose the gratuity perks if the upgrade bid is accepted? Or are group bookings excluded from the bidding process?

Our TA booked us in a group which gave us some extra perks - the drink package with drink gratuities included plus daily service charge included. Does anyone know if we have a chance of getting the offer to bid for upgrade and, if so, would we lose the gratuity perks if the upgrade bid is accepted? Or are group bookings excluded from the bidding process?

Being part of a group should not exclude you from being able to bid, provided that your travel agent has chosen to participate in the bidding program. You should ask them whether they participate or not.

Being part of a group should not exclude you from being able to bid, provided that your travel agent has chosen to participate in the bidding program. You should ask them whether they participate or not.

We are in a group and pre paid gratuity perk says not for suites or above

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the Escape from NYC to Bermuda departing Sept. 30.

Was on a family inside (I2) courtesy of Total Rewards/CAS.

Bid $80pp ($160 total) on a balcony 2 weeks ago. Just got the upgrade message it was successful.

I'm now on a family balcony (B2).

When I called CAS about paying outright for the upgrade, I was quoted $800 total. So in the end, I only had to pay 20% of that.

I think I'll just surprise my wife on the ship. She hates inside cabins.

Bid $80pp ($160 total) on a balcony 2 weeks ago. Just got the upgrade message it was successful.

When I called CAS about paying outright for the upgrade, I was quoted $800 total. So in the end, I only had to pay 20% of that.

Congrats! I hope your wife is super excited about the surprise.

It seems CAS rooms are often very successful at winning bids.

We're booked in a group with the same amenities. We did receive an email offering us to bid for an upgrade, and we did participate. If our upgrade bid gets accepted, we will not lose our amenities.

Have you logged into your booking on NCL.com recently? If you are invited to bid on an upgrade, it will say so when you view your booking.

Have you logged into your booking on NCL.com recently? If you are invited to bid on an upgrade, it will say so when you view your booking.

Where do you see this on NCL.com? I received an upgrade email and I have bid but I don't see anything online?

Where do you see this on NCL.com? I received an upgrade email and I have bid but I don't see anything online?

You need to log into your MyNCL account & a banner will display that says let's get you upgraded. If you don't have an account, the link to register is at the top.

You need to log into your MyNCL account & a banner will display that says let's get you upgraded. If you don't have an account, the link to register is at the top.

I did log in and there is no upgrade banner... I saw a photo of it that someone had posted but I don't have it. There are 3 photos in my banner - one for the dining package, one for the drinks package and one that says "get ready to cruise"

Check you mail box at the top of the page, above the banner.

I just checked and nothing there either. I guess I should just be happy I received the email but would like to see something about it online. I did book through a TA so not sure if that makes a difference.

I did log in and there is no upgrade banner... I saw a photo of it that someone had posted but I don't have it. There are 3 photos in my banner - one for the dining package, one for the drinks package and one that says "get ready to cruise"

After you’ve logged in, click on “view vacation” and see if the “let’s get you upgraded” banner displays.

We booked through a TA as well, so that’s immaterial.

After you’ve logged in, click on “view vacation” and see if the “let’s get you upgraded” banner displays.

We booked through a TA as well, so that’s immaterial.

Not all travel agents participate in it so that might be the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not all travel agents participate in it so that might be the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Correct. But In this case Cardex confirmed they had already bid on an upgrade, and was wondering why they didn’t see the banner when logged in to NCL.com.