Recent Summit Luminae Patrons

WB57

Hello folks -

We will be on the Aug 5th Summit cruise. We have been on multiple X ships and have really enjoyed the Luminae experience. In my humble opinion, the one thing that made the experience even more wonderful was the wait staff. I am wondering if any recent Summit cruisers can comment on their Luminae experience. Particularly, if they can recommend a particular waiter/waitress that gave them outstanding service. Also, name of the Sommelier would also be welcomed.

Also - if anyone has frequented the new Infusion Bar (in the Gelateria space), any comments on it would also be welcomed.

Thank you all in advance.

We are presently on the Summit on the second leg of a B2B. Both legs are in suites.

The current Luminae maitre'd is Charles, who we met on the Summit when we were on B2B2B last fall, but he will leaving when this cruise ends on July 8. I have met his replacement, but don't remember his name. While all of the waitstaff are excellent we have been primarily using Gede (we had him on the Infiity in 2017 when we were on for a month); Gede is rather concerned that I don't eat enough so I forwarn him when we plan to have a large lunch on shore. Dominic and Jay Ar are also very good. The assistant waiters Alper and Alexander are excellent.

The Luminae sommelier is Siraz. We just tell him what we have ordered and he selects the wine. We think he is excellent.

The Michael's Club bartender is Alexandra. She has a wonderful personality and is a great bartender.

Life has been good on the Summit and we will be sad to leave on July 8th.

We just got off the Summit from a 10 night cruise, which ended on July 17. We agree with everything in the above message. Service and food were excellent at Luminae, and I can't say enough good things about Siraz the sommelier. He was so conscientious and efficient, and has great taste in choosing wines.

Hello folks -

We will be on the Aug 5th Summit cruise. We have been on multiple X ships and have really enjoyed the Luminae experience. In my humble opinion, the one thing that made the experience even more wonderful was the wait staff. I am wondering if any recent Summit cruisers can comment on their Luminae experience. Particularly, if they can recommend a particular waiter/waitress that gave them outstanding service. Also, name of the Sommelier would also be welcomed.

Also - if anyone has frequented the new Infusion Bar (in the Gelateria space), any comments on it would also be welcomed.

Thank you all in advance.

Come on over to the roll call. It has been slow, so we could use some more participation.

Ken

We are presently on the Summit on the second leg of a B2B. Both legs are in suites.

The current Luminae maitre'd is Charles, who we met on the Summit when we were on B2B2B last fall, but he will leaving when this cruise ends on July 8. I have met his replacement, but don't remember his name. While all of the waitstaff are excellent we have been primarily using Gede (we had him on the Infiity in 2017 when we were on for a month); Gede is rather concerned that I don't eat enough so I forwarn him when we plan to have a large lunch on shore. Dominic and Jay Ar are also very good. The assistant waiters Alper and Alexander are excellent.

The Luminae sommelier is Siraz. We just tell him what we have ordered and he selects the wine. We think he is excellent.

The Michael's Club bartender is Alexandra. She has a wonderful personality and is a great bartender.

Life has been good on the Summit and we will be sad to leave on July 8th.

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the trip. It’s always sad to depart a cruise. Thank you for the information - and safe travels for the remainder of your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi WB57,

I commented on another thread, but I've copied below what I posted on the other thread.

Hello,

I'm not on the ship now but was on in both April and May and will board again on July 8th. Although I think that all the servers in Luminae are top notch, my favorite is Domnic.

Re the Infusion Bar on Deck 5 next to the Gelataria. I believe the hours were 5 pm to 11 pm (or maybe even 10 pm). Any time I walked by that bar in the evening it was empty. As a matter of fact in April the bartender assigned to that bar kept coming down to the Martini Bar to help out and said he had no customers!

Hope this helps.

I am currently on Summit. Maitre’d who replaced Charles is Vladimir from Croatia. He just arrived on the ship on Sunday morning and although this is his first time on Summit in Luminae he appears to be excellent and he is in Luminae every night helping out with clearing/setting up tables etc. Siraz, the sommelier, is scheduled to go on vacation on August 5 but has requested an extension. So he may or may not be here when you sail.

The hours of the Infusion Bar are 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm - I’ve only walked by 3 times this week but again - not a sole there (not even a visible bartender twice!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am currently on Summit. Maitre’d who replaced Charles is Vladimir from Croatia. He just arrived on the ship on Sunday morning and although this is his first time on Summit in Luminae he appears to be excellent and he is in Luminae every night helping out with clearing/setting up tables etc. Siraz, the sommelier, is scheduled to go on vacation on August 5 but has requested an extension. So he may or may not be here when you sail.

The hours of the Infusion Bar are 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm - I’ve only walked by 3 times this week but again - not a sole there (not even a visible bartender twice!)

Thank you jcpc. Do you have any server recommendations as well for Luminae?

Cheers...

We were also on the cruise that ended in July 8th. Our server was Kavi and he was delightful. He is going on vacation after the current cruise. The staff in Michael's is absolutely wonderful and, if you are fortunate enough to get Judas as your butler, you are in for a treat!

We were also on the cruise that ended in July 8th. Our server was Kavi and he was delightful. He is going on vacation after the current cruise. The staff in Michael's is absolutely wonderful and, if you are fortunate enough to get Judas as your butler, you are in for a treat!

Thank You LisaLeone. I hope we get Judas as our butler!

What ship was Vladimir coming off of???

All of the Luminaes on M-class ships are one long room. Since Summit is a M-class ship the Luminae is one long room.

Thank you for the info Northern Aurora.