Support for the Cuban people, be prepared

Netopr

23 hours ago, rederob said:

Anything is possible, but the USA is for more concerned with China, Iran, North Korea and a very long list of other countries before worrying about Cuba.

Also, past regulatory changes have not been regressive, so people with booked travel are not likely to be affected.

Perhaps more importantly, it's an economic embargo on Cuba, so restricting travel to Cuba will continue to be fraught with regulatory loopholes that tourism operators will be able to work around.

These are excellent points, but they assume a rational decision making process. Between the litigation over dock use, and John Bolton 's harsh terms, anything is possible.

Mr Bolton 's Miami comments were well received in the politically important Miami Cuban community.  

I intend to travel to Cuba again, and I intend to buy the insurance. Just in case...

8 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

These are excellent points, but they assume a rational decision making process. Between the litigation over dock use, and John Bolton 's harsh terms, anything is possible.

Mr Bolton 's Miami comments were well received in the politically important Miami Cuban community.  

I intend to travel to Cuba again, and I intend to buy the insurance. Just in case...

Where do you get the insurance from?

• 2 weeks later...

An older thread, I know... but if anyone wants the contact details for Duramis,, she has a Facebook page....

just look for Genuine Cuba.

we used her last year, and will definitely use her again when we go in September.

Brilliant tour guide, and lovely person.

she might not answer on the same day, as internet is horrible in Havana, but she’ll definitely get back to you in a few days.