excursions online or not?

flipflap78

Hello All !

Should I buy online excursions before boarding? I have the problem of Euro Dollar exchange, I do not know whether to keep the 300 dollars to spend on board or whether to book an excursion online and have the rest on board, what do you recommend? thank you so much

Hello All !

Should I buy online excursions before boarding? I have the problem of Euro Dollar exchange, I do not know whether to keep the 300 dollars to spend on board or whether to book an excursion online and have the rest on board, what do you recommend? thank you so much

I'm in the US and I always buy most of my shore excursions on line as soon as they post them because 1). they're cheaper on line;

2). I'm more likely to get the excursions I want before they sell out and 3). I can spread out paying for them over several months. I like to keep my OBC and use it for Christmas shopping for things like perfume that's considerably less on board than in US.

Since you can book excursions using OBC before you board, if there's something you like for a price you're willing to pay, book it. If you decide to cancel (within the cancellation window) it will be credited back to your account. You can book and then explore private tour options and make up your mind. That way you leave your options opened. You can also cancel and re-book if prices drop.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Since you can book excursions using OBC before you board, if there's something you like for a price you're willing to pay, book it. If you decide to cancel (within the cancellation window) it will be credited back to your account. You can book and then explore private tour options and make up your mind. That way you leave your options opened. You can also cancel and re-book if prices drop.

Agree. I do like the option of booking shore excursion using the OBC prior to the cruise.

I always book what I feel is a decent enough deal online. I do however keep an eye on the prices and if the booked excursion becomes cheaper just cancel and rebook at the favourable price or book another excursion that’s added to the port call you may prefer. Same with dining packages - you are sure to at least get a 20% off deal once as your cruise departure approaches. You can even cancel when you are on board ship up until a day or two before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums