Choice Air for Transatlantic Cruise

While that may be the price on SOME days, it isn't the price EVERY day. And it will be a while before Southwest releases fares for the OP's travel dates in May 2019. ;)
Southwest flying overseas yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The day you buy the ticket isn't usually is relevant as the day you plan to fly, and Tuesday is a "relatively" slow day for business travel, so folks often find that flying on a Tuesday is less than business-heavy days/times like Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

You likely weren't getting a very realistic price at 14 months out, given that most airlines only sell tickets 11 months in advance.

We're flying home Monday, Sunday was the pricier fare

Most foreign flag carriers open way before US.

I'd rather fly Jet Blue to SJ.

Did not realize they flew to Hawaii

Is that on a 737 [emoji33]

Yep,the vast majority of commercial aircraft are two engines now. I think SW uses the new 737Max to Hawaii.

Southwest flying overseas yet?

They acquired a number of Caribbean routes when they merged with Air Tran, but do not fly to Europe, Asia, etc.

We're flying home Monday, Sunday was the pricier fare

Most foreign flag carriers open way before US.

Sunday is also a business-heavy travel day, as business travelers head to their destination to be ready work Monday morning.

And no, most foreign flag carriers do not open way before US carriers. Perhaps a few, but 11 months out is pretty standard.

They fly to San Juan and Hawaii.

Southwest has announced that they intend to serve Hawaii, but they do not currently fly there. They have gone so far as to say which cities in California they will fly from, and which in Hawaii they will fly to, but a start date and schedules have not been released, and tickets are not currently for sale.

Southwest has announced that they intend to serve Hawaii, but they do not currently fly there. They have gone so far as to say which cities in California they will fly from, and which in Hawaii they will fly to, but a start date and schedules have not been released, and tickets are not currently for sale.

Thanks for the update.

They just changed the name because some companies would not let there employees fly First Class. [emoji6]

Just a guess.

You are correct. Most company travel policies will allow travel up to a J-class fare, which is business. Fare classes have baiscially shifted...economy is still economy, premium economy is closer to what business used to be, and business is what first class used to be. On Delta, they have put full suites in their business cabin on the 350 (devliered) and 777 (one retrofit complete, others to follow). Even though that is a product found in a first class or separate suite class on other carriers, because it is coded as J, travel policies allow for it to be booked.

Thanks for the update.

No problem. They've gone about the process very strangely. They teased the announcement late last fall, with the intention of starting service mid 2018. Going on 8 months and still no official service schedule announcement, let alone commencement.

No problem. They've gone about the process very strangely. They teased the announcement late last fall, with the intention of starting service mid 2018. Going on 8 months and still no official service schedule announcement, let alone commencement.

I guess that's why I thought the service had started, I read about it so long ago.

The day you buy the ticket isn't usually is relevant as the day you plan to fly, and Tuesday is a "relatively" slow day for business travel, so folks often find that flying on a Tuesday is less than business-heavy days/times like Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Just sharing. It works for me. :cool:

If an airline decides to have a fare sale, it will post it on Monday night, releasing the tickets first thing on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, other airlines will try to match the price and begin their sales in the early hours of Tuesday. ... But buy quickly; the airlines usually pull the sales by Thursday evening.

Sunday is also a business-heavy travel day, as business travelers head to their destination to be ready work Monday morning.

And no, most foreign flag carriers do not open way before US carriers. Perhaps a few, but 11 months out is pretty standard.

I'm happy with the price, works well for us.

As far as 11 months, there were plenty of choices for airfare on AF, BA, Lufthansa, and Iceland weeks before the Delta's and American fares showed up for our return from Copenhagen. United was the first American carrier to appear. Just my recent experience.

........fares showed up for our return from Copenhagen. United was the first American carrier to appear. Just my recent experience.

Hi John! Would you mind sharing what you think is the best way to return to Orlando from Copenhagen?

We have a B2B Baltic and Fiords next year and are trying to figure out how to get back home to Melbourne.

Thanks so much in advance! :):):)

Hi John! Would you mind sharing what you think is the best way to return to Orlando from Copenhagen?

We have a B2B Baltic and Fiords next year and are trying to figure out how to get back home to Melbourne.

Thanks so much in advance! :):):)

Delta One in the mid $800's

Copenhagen - JFK - Orlando

We are doing that both ways in August.

Next May we are doing Lufthansa because I wanted to fly in a 747 upper deck. Pretty much same price.

Copenhagen - Frankfurt - Orlando

Norwegian Air flies a 787 direct, but I hear their business class isn't very good and coach is really tight.

Iceland Air is really cheap, maybe $750, but their Business class is pretty spartan as well.

Delta One in the mid $800's

Copenhagen - JFK - Orlando

We are doing that both ways in August.

Next May we are doing Lufthansa because I wanted to fly in a 747 upper deck. Pretty much same price.

Copenhagen - Frankfurt - Orlando

Norwegian Air flies a 787 direct, but I hear their business class isn't very good and coach is really tight.

Iceland Air is really cheap, maybe $750, but their Business class is pretty spartan as well.

Thank you so much! That will help us decide. We don’t need round trip (I hope!) We want to book the Oasis TA to Barcelona and spend about 10 days in Spain before flying from Spain to Copenhagen

Thank you so much! That will help us decide. We don’t need round trip (I hope!) We want to book the Oasis TA to Barcelona and spend about 10 days in Spain before flying from Spain to Copenhagen
Have fun, we are not quite so adventurous.

And after the disaster of a flight to Singapore, I've decided to always try for Business class on overseas flights. More bags as well

I do, and book on a Tuesday. Not sure it really matters, but someone told me that and it often works.

Currently have 6 flights booked either to Barcelona or Copenhagen from Orlando

All in Business Class with lie flat seats. Average price under $1,000 with only one stop. :cool:

Forgot to add, those are all one way tix

I need a flight from Orlando to Copenhagen for August 2019. Choice Air told me nothing was available. I would have to fly out of Miami, transfer in Newark with only economy class available and each ticket would be over a 1,000. What airline are you flying on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have fun, we are not quite so adventurous.

And after the disaster of a flight to Singapore, I've decided to always try for Business class on overseas flights. More bags as well

Adventurous? Ha, ha! Not at all! (Maybe when I was much younger many, many years ago). I was born in Spain and go back almost every year to visit family and friends. My sister and brother in law have done similar cruises and will help us figure out the best way to get to Copenhagen.

I read your review and that flight to Singapore was more than a disaster. So glad you were able to make the cruise and enjoyed reading your review.

I need a flight from Orlando to Copenhagen for August 2019. Choice Air told me nothing was available. I would have to fly out of Miami, transfer in Newark with only economy class available and each ticket would be over a 1,000. What airline are you flying on?

Most airlines will not post flights for August 2019 until September or October. That is mostly the reason why nothing is available.

Edited by steveru621

You won't be able to see the vast majority of flights for August 2019 until September 2018.

You won't be able to see the vast majority of flights for August 2019 until September 2018.

So, if I wait, I should be able to find a reasonable priced premium economy or business class through Air2Sea? Or is it better to book directly through the airline or another travel agent? I also saw something about booking 2 one way tickets or does that only apply if you booking from different cities? We are doing a B2B but arriving and leaving from Copenhagen.

So, if I wait, I should be able to find a reasonable priced premium economy or business class through Air2Sea? Or is it better to book directly through the airline or another travel agent? I also saw something about booking 2 one way tickets or does that only apply if you booking from different cities? We are doing a B2B but arriving and leaving from Copenhagen.

I cannot predict what your experience will be, but I can say that we did not see any low priced one-way international flights on Air2Sea until 11 months before the flight.

I was on a Norwegian transatlantic flight in May 2018 on a Dreamliner. I thought the service was great and had no problems at all. We live in Ohio so always need a connecting flight. Even with adding a hotel night and the connecting flight, the cost of the Norwegian flight was less than Air2Sea. We have also used Norwegian to get around in Europe. They have been great.