Ship time - Mexican Rivieria

slinky221

I'm going on the Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Splendor next week and I'm hoping someone can clear up ship time vs port time for this itinerary. Everything I've read on here indicates that the ship will be one hour behind vs local time for all of the ports (Cabo, Mazatlan and PV).

However, when I emailed Carnival about the issue, I received the following response: When the ship is in port, the time onboard will be the local time of the port you are visiting.

Anybody know for sure which is correct?

I'm going on the Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Splendor next week and I'm hoping someone can clear up ship time vs port time for this itinerary. Everything I've read on here indicates that the ship will be one hour behind vs local time for all of the ports (Cabo, Mazatlan and PV).

However, when I emailed Carnival about the issue, I received the following response: When the ship is in port, the time onboard will be the local time of the port you are visiting.

Anybody know for sure which is correct?

When we sailed Mexican Riviera in April 2017, we stayed on ship time, which was CA time zone, in Cabo. We set our clocks back one hour for Puerto Vallarta, then forward to CA time after we left PV for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks everyone. I plan on bringing a watch to keep on ship time, I just wanted to know ahead of time to help plan activities (mainly for Cabo). I will assume everything is one hour ahead that way I have an hour buffer if it's not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks everyone. I plan on bringing a watch to keep on ship time, I just wanted to know ahead of time to help plan activities (mainly for Cabo). I will assume everything is one hour ahead that way I have an hour buffer if it's not.

@slinky221 - How did it turn out? I have the same question. We are booking excursions off ship and trying to figure out that the local times are for when we are in port.

see post #3, everyone on shore knows what time it is live and on the ship, they will have you back to the ship on time

I get that the excursion folks around the port will know because they don't want you to have a bad experience and miss the ship. We are making reservations at Wild Canyon in Cabo. They have a local shuttle that runs at specific times (local), hence the need to know if Carnival uses local time or stays on Long Beach time.