onboard credit

preston

I think the policy is consistent. There is a cutoff date and at first they said yes when I called, but when I gave my sail date was told it is too close. I got a credit of $25 so I’m ahead. Plus, I have an angled balcony and made it clear I wasn’t changing my cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah they tried to offer an upgrade but I wasn't interested in giving up my cabin.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I too was told no by 2 supervisors. We are after final payment. A bit irritated that others seem to have gotten the additional OBC even after final payment. Their "policy" doesn't seem that consistent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I think it depends more on if your category is sold out. I just called and they said no because with the category being sold out, she could not even get into that part of my reservation. It looks like it's been sold out for months now, so I wasn't too surprised. Still, an extra $200 would have been put to good use :(:(

They told me they don't do upgrades at all anymore:mad:??? Your only chance for an upgrade is to use the bidding system.

Who told you that and when? They will definitely do upgrades in response to price drops. My PCC told me just a couple of weeks ago that, if the price drops on my current booking, I should call her and she can try to get me an upgrade or OBC to compensate.

Who told you that and when? They will definitely do upgrades in response to price drops. My PCC told me just a couple of weeks ago that, if the price drops on my current booking, I should call her and she can try to get me an upgrade or OBC to compensate.

I called the NCL main # and spoke to one of the reps last night. She told me they don't have anything to do with upgrades anymore, since the bidding process? I thought that was kind of odd. My PCC is on vacation I think. When I called his number I got a message that he wasn't available and to try a few other numbers that he listed. I did call one but got no answer and left a message. That's why I figured I'd try the main number.

I called the NCL main # and spoke to one of the reps last night. She told me they don't have anything to do with upgrades anymore, since the bidding process? I thought that was kind of odd. My PCC is on vacation I think. When I called his number I got a message that he wasn't available and to try a few other numbers that he listed. I did call one but got no answer and left a message. That's why I figured I'd try the main number.

I think the confusion is over "upgrade" in the sense of trying to purchase an upgrade at a discounted price versus being given an upgrade in response to a price drop or new promotion. If you are just looking to upgrade your stateroom (not in response to a new promo or price drop on your *current* booking), then you have two options. You can bid for an upgrade through the Upgrade Advantage, or you can pay the full difference between your current booking and the upgraded room (assuming it's not sold out).

The "upgrades" referred to in this thread were in reference to the current promotion for additional OBC. If there is a promo or price drop that could/would apply to your *current* booking, PCCs or NCL may compensate you with either an upgrade or additional OBC.

I think the confusion is over "upgrade" in the sense of trying to purchase an upgrade at a discounted price versus being given an upgrade in response to a price drop or new promotion. If you are just looking to upgrade your stateroom (not in response to a new promo or price drop on your *current* booking), then you have two options. You can bid for an upgrade through the Upgrade Advantage, or you can pay the full difference between your current booking and the upgraded room (assuming it's not sold out).

The "upgrades" referred to in this thread were in reference to the current promotion for additional OBC. If there is a promo or price drop that could/would apply to your *current* booking, PCCs or NCL may compensate you with either an upgrade or additional OBC.

When I initially called NCL it was to ask them about applying the new promo OBC to my current booking and she said no because it was after final payment. If it was before the final payment then they might consider it. While I was on the phone I was curious and asked her about upgrades from my current balcony to a mini suite and how much would it be. That's when she said they don't do them? Maybe she just got confused and thought I was talking about the bidding process?

Wow well after 2 phone calls and an hour and 10 minutes of my time I got $140 onboard credit. My fare went up $60 but I'm still ahead but what a pain. They really dont want to do it at first she told me I would only get $10 on obc because my fare went up so much. When I did math my self she was wrong

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Wow well after 2 phone calls and an hour and 10 minutes of my time I got $140 onboard credit. My fare went up $60 but I'm still ahead but what a pain. They really dont want to do it at first she told me I would only get $10 on obc because my fare went up so much. When I did math my self she was wrong

Did you rebook to get the OBC? My fare went up from $1299 to $1329 but I had a GTY and was put in a balcony location that is $1549, maybe that's why they said no to me. What did you say to convince them to give it to you when they started to giving you a hard time?

Edited by styme123

Did you rebook to get the OBC? My fare went up from $1299 to $1329 but I had a GTY and was put in a balcony location that is $1549, maybethat's why they said no to me. What did you say to convince them to give it to you when they started to giving you a hard time?

If the fare for your category has gone up, they likely won't give you the OBC. The whole argument of trying to get the promo is that "if I had waited and booked now, I would get the promo, so I am screwed for having booked early". If your fare has gone up more than the difference in the OBC, then you really have nothing to complain about. Had you waited until the promo had become available, you would have also paid the higher fare, so you would have gained nothing by waiting. You can't have it both ways. You can't get the low fare of booking early AND the promo from booking later.

Did you rebook to get the OBC? My fare went up from $1299 to $1329 but I had a GTY and was put in a balcony location that is $1549, maybethat's why they said no to me. What did you say to convince them to give it to you when they started to giving you a hard time?
Yes I had to rebook went up $30 per person . I asked her the amounts before and after and did math myself [emoji2] . She said oh you are right it would be worth it . I could just tell they did not want to do it.

Yes I had to rebook went up $30 per person . I asked her the amounts before and after and did math myself [emoji2] . She said oh you are right it would be worth it . I could just tell they did not want to do it.

Was there any penalties? Were you able to keep your same cabin as before?

I emailed my travel agent two weeks ago when I saw on the NCL site that the promos for my December Escape cruise had improved. I had booked under the "pick 2" promo and got $100 OBC originally.

New promo was $200 obc, another $100 obc and extra point per night for latitudes as well as get all 5 perks.

My fare went up by $40 but it was well worth it for the full offering of perks and the additional $200 obc.

I kept my original cabin.

I booked about a week ago, happily as the price has since increased, but did the previous promotion, which looks the same, but with no onboard credit? Can someone advise on what to say to get the credit applied or am I out of luck because the room costs more now. Thanks!

if you want to the current perks offered you must also pay the current fare but see if th new perks and OBC make it worth paying the higher fare.

I always recheck rates and offers. I have been able to take advantage of perks and $500 OBC also and was luck my fare had not increased. Sometimes you just have to see if the OBC makes it worth paying more for fare