San Juan—Flamingos

I don’t think so, and don’t let anyone fool you into thinking you can see them in curacao either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plenty of Flamingos in Curacao in november 2017.

Also, places like renaissance island aruba, clip their wings so they cant fly away. Things like this should be avoided in my opinion.

Plenty of Flamingos in Curacao in november 2017.

Also, places like renaissance island aruba, clip their wings so they cant fly away. Things like this should be avoided in my opinion.

When we were there a couple weeks ago we were told there was only one place to view them, it was going to cost another $50 in cab fare after having already paid $40 to get where we were so we opted out, but others went and told us later that it turns out you can only view the flamingos from far away and they were hardly able to see them at all. Apparently they’re on a private island owned by a resort who charges a fee to get anywhere close to the flamingos. They limit the tickets non-guests can purchase. If there’s somewhere else you can see them for free, nobody else we asked knew about them.

Are you sure you are not mixing up the islands? Your story sound alot like Aruba and the renaissance island.

In Curacao there is this place less then 10min from port: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g3754516-d4509315-Reviews-Flamingo_Sanctuary_Sint_Willibrordus-Sint_Willibrordus_Curacao.html

Keep in mind that theese are wild birds with theirs wings intact and will not allways be there, but usually is. We just drove by on our way to the beach :)

Are you sure you are not mixing up the islands? Your story sound alot like Aruba and the renaissance island.

In Curacao there is this place less then 10min from port: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g3754516-d4509315-Reviews-Flamingo_Sanctuary_Sint_Willibrordus-Sint_Willibrordus_Curacao.html

Keep in mind that theese are wild birds with theirs wings intact and will not allways be there, but usually is. We just drove by on our way to the beach :)

No we were at Mambo Beach when we asked for the ride to the flamingos, which is in Curacao. Renaissance island sounds familiar, but I don’t think I heard it from anyone on this trip, I think I read about it in a review somewhere. I wonder if the people who went with the taxi just assumed that since they were so far away that they were on the private island or something. I’m not sure, I just know that’s what they told us when we saw them on the ship later. They told us it was a good thing we opted out because the flamingos were on a private island and they couldn’t see them.