Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

What a laugh - I went to their "victims" website link. Their editing is hilarious, not one comment voicing an opposite opinion. They ask for comments, yet it is edited by the host....guess who the host is??? :D

The hearings infer that over 300 missing persons are all suspicious. I suggest that of the 300, 90% are suicides, 9% are accidents as the result of inappropriate action and the other 1% are simply unknown.

Greta had our sexy Captain of Freedom on again & both stating that 8 months is going by & nothing from the BI as yet. What is going on????

Nancy Grace has not been on her show in over a week, so that is FF thru it all. Same with Joe Sumbag who seeems to be airing Rita's show on his for Imette info on arrest.

The we have Rita advertising away on a week of families of missing cruisers & not a thing.

I did catch Jen with her 3" of black roots, seeems to be her style, reading a small paper's worth of comments with an occassional look at the camera. She states all the wonderful people who were also robbed of their loved ones by cruise lines just like her. Then the Ct Rep who wants Cruise Marshalls on all boats to protect US citizens. Then George's parents & sister have to show also for their 15 minutes of fame. Same old tape being shown over & over.

BORING! So let's have Greta get the call out to the FBI, as she is only only one doing anything on this, to see if George has been found? If they have a murder or a suicide or just plain accident with a drunk.

Other than that mention on Tuesday, no Smith BS anymore.

Last night everyone was St Guillen murder talk, and Greta had 3 minutes for the Editor of Vanity Fair magazine who is being sued by the lawyers for Jason, 3 Goldenberg boys & Rusty . Story is now that the youngest Goldenberg boy phoned for the room service buffet in their stateroom on 3rd deck. The 5 guys were reported for smoking in the Solarium & verbally attacking the worker telling them to put them out. Then they meet Marie who was phoned to control a problem in the Solarium. There she told George that it was time for bed for him & the others are to be in their staterooms before she can write a report. One more report & they are off the ship!

So if you see it on the shelf at the grocer's checkout, read it, not a huge column........ next party to spin the old news into something new that isn't.

It is good for RCI to express thier view. I am comfortable with the entire statement. Shame on the media for making this more controversial than it need to be.

Media sometimes does the public and others a disservice! But we all seem to be hungry for news (especially bad news)

Bree Smith was on FOX news again last night but I only caught the tail end. It was interesting that although she is a lawyer who should understand people's rights, Bree stated it was "suspicious" that the 4 men are using their fifth amendment rights. One of the commentators was sympathetic to the Smiths and basically also said how the ships should have security (duh, don't they already have security?) and that the cruiseline washed away the evidence before the FBI got there. More of a smear campaign.

were the Smiths & their ambulance chasing attorney calling for all cruise ships to have Cruise Marshalls, just like air marshalls on planes. RCCL has over 50 members of their security force, they are educated in takeovers, belligerent cruisers, even suicide attempts. Then add the cameras all over the ship, which is more than Las Vegas has per sq ft.

I swear these folks have never been on a cruise & as the Smiths state they cruise often, I guess they are inside customers who never look around the ship.

OK Greta, let;s get an FBI person on to talk. 8 months & they have learned nothing? I think they know where George is but were paid to stay quiet.

OK Greta, let;s get an FBI person on to talk. 8 months & they have learned nothing? I think they know where George is but were paid to stay quiet.

I'm curious about this comment. Not questioning it so much as curious why you believe the FBI has been paid to keep quiet.

At this point nothing would surprise me.

So what is taken the FBI so long. I say it is becaise they have nothing that says it is a murder. If they had evidence it was why have they not arrested anyone or said anything. Also why hasn't Dr Lee said anything.

The Smith's own a liquer store and they are suing for greating a party atomphere. Isn't that what they do.

Take Bree Smith's initial's and that is what I think of the family.

What a laugh - I went to their "victims" website link. Their editing is hilarious, not one comment voicing an opposite opinion. They ask for comments, yet it is edited by the host....guess who the host is??? :D

The hearings infer that over 300 missing persons are all suspicious. I suggest that of the 300, 90% are suicides, 9% are accidents as the result of inappropriate action and the other 1% are simply unknown.

What is the victims website address?

Who was the only one showing s shot of George & stating that she is now hearing from CEO's of cruise lines complaining about the media. She had a clip of CEO of Carnival stating that news media has blown apart this Smith incident yet giving very little coverage to others missing at sea.

Then I was scanning Google & found this interesting tidbit:

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...603150392/1003

"Royal Caribbean International President Adam Goldstein said the industry has been giving travel agents "talking points" to emphasize ship security, if customers ask about the Smith case and other safety matters."

"It's at least 10 times safer on a ship than on land," said Andy Stuart, chairman of the Cruise Lines International Association, a group that represents the cruise lines. "

Then my FBI neighbor this morning who drove by, put his window down & stated "We haven't found George yet, have I heard from him?" I could have died. But interesting that they are going on the word from me, as it is very possible and our N Royalton OH medium who sees him alive but cannot state where. So they are meeting again to have her point out stuff she sees in the background, etc.

We are very popular & finally something to write about thanks to Rita Cosby last night. She just loves to rip RCCL apart & with George & Maureen Smith with a nice background & Bree (actually Sabrina) in an insert next to them with a different background. More murder talk, more RCCL hated, more talk of how unsafe cruising is, etc.

Then Rita airs Carnival President Dickerson stating the media has gone overboard with the Smith disappearance & all the talk of murder onboard which has not been proven & probably won't. Then Bree cuts in stating she knows the FBI will give them the murderer of George.

I am yelling at my 65" Sony Grand Wega for George to call into Rita to tell his parents & his jerk of a sister to shut up! The Bree attacks Carnival as does her mother for all the missing people from their ships & why people are booking vacations that they may never be seen again from. Maureen states that she wants to see Dickerson be ousted as President, since he has no care for them & their missing son who isn't here to defend himself. Then Rita states that only 17% of Americans cruise, and 13% of them are repeat cruisers, so folks find it fun, affordable & safe. She stated that she has been on cruises on various line & is sitting there talking to everyone. FINALLY SHE ACTED LIKE SHE HAS A BRAIN!

Then they have the former head of Security for Carnival on. Chuck Harris is his name & he is spouting how Carnival is the King of the Seas, they're the biggest, they have the largest number of murders, rapes, and missing people of all cruise lines & they don't care. He agrees with the Smiths that Dickerson should step down as President. Dickerson called George's disappearance as a NON EVENT just shows how uncaring they are. This Chuck Harris is stating that George was murdered & the FBI will bring the person to justice, he is guaranteeing this to the Smiths. Then Rita reminds the Smiths that 7/1/2006 is the cut off date for any lawsuit with RCCL. Bree jumps right in that she has it all taken care of & their attorney has done a respectable job getting their words out to Congress but the FBI is telling them not to file the lawsuit. So she is pissed!

I just went to the International Cruise Victims site and read the article on George Smith. Here's a quote from that article:

The Connecticut Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice continue to actively investigate the suspicious circumstances surrounding George’s disappearance.

I didn't realize that Connecticut had their own FBI. I'm glad to know that the state and federal officials are working together.;)

Why would anyone believe Dr. Lee who went on the stand for the defense of O.J. Simpson. I personally don't think he is at all credible.

It was a bizzare situation and the truth may never been known but I don't see how any cruise ship could be held responcible for this kind of behaviour.

What was the wife doing passed out in a hallway on the other side of the ship..also what was she doing going for a massage without seeing or knowing where her new husband was? If your that smashed that your passed out in the hallway are you really going to get up in morning "feeling just peachy in sure" in the same clothes you slept on the floor in and go to the spa for a massage? I DONT THINK THIS STORY WORKS FOR ME!

I'm sorry what happened to George. However, I am so sick of everyone blaming the Royal Caribbean. I've been on 9 cruises and travel often. I am careful when I travel and I take responsibility for my own actions. It's obvious they were headed for trouble based on the way they were carrying on. Jennifer's actions were unbelievable. Her drinking and the way she carried on was the fault of the cruiseline? Give me a break. This woman makes me sick.

I would think if Dr. Lee really found anything it the family would have been already using it in their crusade. The way the news media has been covering this story really makes one wonder how many other news stories they are distorting and the quality (or lack thereof) of their research and reporting.

Archived