Does Carnival VIFP points transfer

lagienomai

My question is looking at cruises on Carnival from Australia and was wondering if your points transferred over. I know other lines it does not but both being Carnival was not sure. Will still look into going as doesn't matter either way.

I don't think I can answer but did want to ask for some clarification (in case others are wondering as well and may have the answer). Are you asking if Carnival-US VIFP points are honored by the Carnival-AUS VIFP program?

I don't think I can answer but did want to ask for some clarification (in case others are wondering as well and may have the answer). Are you asking if Carnival-US VIFP points are honored by the Carnival-AUS VIFP program?

Basically yes that is the question. Just wondering if I would be Blue on Carnival-AUS instead of my current status in the US. Looking at a 14 day in AUS and it would be awesome if those points carried over. Wanting to branch out instead of same ole same ole Caribbean ports and see some sights in the south pacific.

Here is information from the Carnival Austalia GOCCL Travel Agent Website:

Carnival Cruise Line has a comprehensive global past guest program called “VIFP” - Very Important Fun Person. VIFP membersget all kinds of onboard benefits and recognition, great member offers and insider news. Guests are awarded VIFP points, everytime they sail. The total points designate which level of the Club they’re in. The great news is guests can even join before they sailat carnival.com.au/loyalty/overview.aspx

I think the keyword is "global." When I researched this a couple of years ago, I was told that Carnival's US and Australia computer systems were not linked to share this information, and you would need to make a call to have a person manually enter the required data. The systems may now be linked. In any event, I think you will get the benefits that you have attained via the US program, but you may need to make a call.

In addition to the previous post about calling Carnival to verify if your US points will be honored in Australia, I found the following on Carnival's web site regarding getting points earned on Australian cruises applied to your US program:

"In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), Members must log into their Account and request that VIFP Points be awarded for Days earned on such Australian Cruise(s). Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise."

Here's the web link, the copy/paste I did above is the last paragraph in section 4:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

In addition to the previous post about calling Carnival to verify if your US points will be honored in Australia, I found the following on Carnival's web site regarding getting points earned on Australian cruises applied to your US program:

"In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), Members must log into their Account and request that VIFP Points be awarded for Days earned on such Australian Cruise(s). Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise."

Here's the web link, the copy/paste I did above is the last paragraph in section 4:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

Thank you. I'm excited to plan this cruise. So many ports I know nothing about.

My question is looking at cruises on Carnival from Australia and was wondering if your points transferred over. I know other lines it does not but both being Carnival was not sure. Will still look into going as doesn't matter either way.

From reading Carnival's website, it does sound like the points earned on either a Carnival U.S. or Australia cruise are recognized; however, it sounds like it is a manual process where you will need to contact Carnival.

"How do I earn points on a cruise ending and starting in Australia?

In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), Members must log into their Account and request that VIFP Points be awarded for Days earned on such Australian Cruise(s). Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise."

"Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise.

Please note, Carnival cannot process requests over the phone."

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/3788/~/vifp-club---carnivals-recognition-program-faqs

Carnival's VIFP terms and conditions page states:

"If Members have any questions regarding their PGRP status or VIFP Club status, please contact CCL at 1.888.227.6482."

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx

So it sounds to me like you'll need to contact Carnival by phone prior to your cruise to have your VIFP information applied to your Australia booking, and then request VIFP points be applied to your account after your Australia sailing by using the website feature.

Hope you have a great cruise!