NCL Sun to Key West and Cuba 7/2-7/6

Nole1289

My family just returned from an NCL cruise yesterday, 7/6. We stopped at both Key West and Cuba. On Thursday, 7/5 some of the members in my party began to feel ill; nausea, diarrhea, body aches, etc. As of today, 7/7, we are all home and 13 out of 13 of us are sick. I attempted to call NCL to inquire about other reported sicknesses and to report ours, but was basically shunned by the guest relations department. Does anyone have any similar experience or advice regarding how to treat this situation? Our family members range in age from 13-70 years of age, one with Diabetes Type 1. It would be helpful to learn if there were any other issues on board this ship. Our assumption is either a Norovirus type of illness or possibly a food borne illness from eating lunch in Cuba?

My family just returned from an NCL cruise yesterday, 7/6. We stopped at both Key West and Cuba. On Thursday, 7/5 some of the members in my party began to feel ill; nausea, diarrhea, body aches, etc. As of today, 7/7, we are all home and 13 out of 13 of us are sick. I attempted to call NCL to inquire about other reported sicknesses and to report ours, but was basically shunned by the guest relations department. Does anyone have any similar experience or advice regarding how to treat this situation? Our family members range in age from 13-70 years of age, one with Diabetes Type 1. It would be helpful to learn if there were any other issues on board this ship. Our assumption is either a Norovirus type of illness or possibly a food borne illness from eating lunch in Cuba?

sorry your family has to go through something like this. You are right, it could be either, but if it is noro I am sure the ship would want to know. They are, like most ships very concerned about the possibility of Noro affecting others. Who to contact I have no idea. I will say, I would think if it was Noro others would have been reporting it. Thanks for your warning. What a way to end a cruise.

I'd suggest you get medical treatment and laboratory tests to determine your illness and have your physician report to public health officials if it's something of concern to the public rather than trying to contact the cruise line yourself.

If it was a food issue, it is usually over in 24 hours. Did you report that you were sick while you were on the ship? Thats usually the first step in identifying NORO. Hope you are a feeling better!

• 3 weeks later...