Opinions of the Crown and doing a honeymoon cruise on it to the British Isles

FSU Girl

Doing the Disney British Isles this September on the Magic. I can't wait to see this ship again. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and first to the British Isles. We have done Princess too and they were fine. We actually compared this 7 day cruise with a Princess 7 day cruise to the British Isles and the price was within under $100.00 of each other, so we went with Disney. We booked the first week that the Disney cruise was opened up for booking. The price for the cruise now is almost doubled.

I say go with your heart and make some good memories. I am sure that whatever you do will be fine.

Hi. I have been on Disney and Princess (including the Crown which I have booked again for 2019 transatlantic ) I love , love Princess, but Disney product is superior. Great customer service, great entertainment, fabulous food. And of course...the Mouse !!!

Congratulations To you and your future spouse ❤️

Doing the Disney British Isles this September on the Magic. I can't wait to see this ship again. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and first to the British Isles. We have done Princess too and they were fine. We actually compared this 7 day cruise with a Princess 7 day cruise to the British Isles and the price was within under $100.00 of each other, so we went with Disney. We booked the first week that the Disney cruise was opened up for booking. The price for the cruise now is almost doubled.

I say go with your heart and make some good memories. I am sure that whatever you do will be fine.

Ya Disney prices go up pretty quick so I’m glad I have a price locked in. We also had a discount since we booked a placeholder on my last cruise. I know whichever we pick we’ll have a great time :)

Hi. I have been on Disney and Princess (including the Crown which I have booked again for 2019 transatlantic ) I love , love Princess, but Disney product is superior. Great customer service, great entertainment, fabulous food. And of course...the Mouse !!!

Congratulations To you and your future spouse ❤️

Every Disney cruise I’ve been on has felt first class all the way. They’ve never disappointed me. It’s hard for me to remember Princess since I haven’t sailed with them in 10 years.

If your fiance has their heart set on Paris then I would do the trip that included time in Paris. If I were planning it I would do the Paris part first. I prefer to see the land portion of a trip first followed by a slightly more relaxing cruise portion. I think cruises are always more relaxing than land trips because the evenings are already planned. Hints for Paris: 1. Take a day trip out to Versailles. It's easy and a train ride away. Since you are huge Disney fans go to Disneyland Paris. I loved it. We went for DD's 12th birthday and had a great day. One day is plenty. One day in Paris via Le Havre is not enough time to enjoy the city.

If your fiance has their heart set on Paris then I would do the trip that included time in Paris. If I were planning it I would do the Paris part first. I prefer to see the land portion of a trip first followed by a slightly more relaxing cruise portion. I think cruises are always more relaxing than land trips because the evenings are already planned. Hints for Paris: 1. Take a day trip out to Versailles. It's easy and a train ride away. Since you are huge Disney fans go to Disneyland Paris. I loved it. We went for DD's 12th birthday and had a great day. One day is plenty. One day in Paris via Le Havre is not enough time to enjoy the city.

It’s actually me who really wants to go to Paris lol, he’s been there before. Versailles is the number one reason I want to go there. I don’t know if we’d have time for Disneyland Paris, but we’d look into it. The land tour part is definitely more stressful just because we have to figure out everything we will be doing, where we will be staying and traveling. But my fiancé said he wants to stick with the Disney ship so I think that’s what we are going to end up doing so we will be going to Paris :)

The land tour part is definitely more stressful just because we have to figure out everything we will be doing, where we will be staying and traveling.

My husband and I spent five weeks in Europe, including a week in Paris, after our wedding. I have experience. Are you taking a break between your wedding and honeymoon? If not, choose wisely. Week-long land trips can be exhausting even when one is fully rested. But after the planning, the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception, when the adrenalin subsides? Your body will likely crave rest. Mine did.

My husband and I spent five weeks in Europe, including a week in Paris, after our wedding. I have experience. Are you taking a break between your wedding and honeymoon? If not, choose wisely. Week-long land trips can be exhausting even when one is fully rested. But after the planning, the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception, when the adrenalin subsides? Your body will likely crave rest. Mine did.

No worries there. We are getting married in November and won’t be doing the honeymoon until September after so plenty of time to rest. Your honeymoon sounds amazing! Any recommendations for Paris?

• 11 months later...
41 minutes ago, Packerfan4 said:

FSU girl GO NOLES. Disney could be full of kids not that I don't like kids but if I was on my honeymoon I wold nt want screaming little ones all around me. Just saying. 

We ended up deciding on a land trip to Scotland and England in May. It was a fantastic two week trip