Questions about cabanas on Labadee

I posted this on the Caribbean Private Island Board, but no one has answered.... thought I'd try here: I'm leaving in about 2 1/2 weeks on the Anthem. One of our stops is at Labadee. I was reading that Columbus Cove now has about 8 cabanas for rent. I have never rented a cabana on any of the private islands, so I have a few questions. I would appreciate any information you could offer. I assume the cabanas are rented at a set cost, not per person - is this correct? Is there a limit to the amount of family members that could have access to it? Do you have any idea of the cost of a cabana at Columbus Cove (it's not available in my cruise planner)? Also, since the cruise is so close, do you think they've all been rented or do they save some to be rented once on the ship? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Correct, the cost is per cabana, not per person.

There is a limit, either 6 or 8 people. You only get so many wristbands and anyone without a wristband is not allowed.

When you get on board, good and see if there are any left. I had an over the water cabana and my relatives had the ones on Columbus Cove and for the price difference I wouldn't hesitate to book the ones on Columbus Cove

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A silly correction, the units at Columbus Cove are "bungalows" not "cabanas'. They're sort of the same thing but bungalows are slightly less private. The Columbus Cove area is exclusive to the bungalow renters though. There are 8 bungalows on Columbus Cove. We had two for our group of 10 when we went to Labadee in March. LOVED THEM. They did sell out long before cruise day so check your cruise planner now. If not available go to the Excursion Desk as soon as you board to get on the waiting list.

Are you saying non-bungalow guests cannot use the beach at Columbus Cove?

The area in front of the bungalows.....Correct. There is a rope to the left of bungalow #1 that separates the "public" portion of the beach from that that is exclusive to the bungalow renters. While we were there in March the cabana boys would shoo those without wrist bands from the area of the beach in front of the bungalows.

So there is a part of Columbus Cove that is available to the general customer, but the beach in front of the bungalows is reserved for bungalow renters.

The area in front of the bungalows.....Correct. There is a rope to the left of bungalow #1 that separates the "public" portion of the beach from that that is exclusive to the bungalow renters. While we were there in March the cabana boys would shoo those without wrist bands from the area of the beach in front of the bungalows.

So there is a part of Columbus Cove that is available to the general customer, but the beach in front of the bungalows is reserved for bungalow renters.

OK, thanks for the explanation. We've enjoyed Columbus Cove in the past and I was concerned that it was not longer available to the general public.

I posted this on the Caribbean Private Island Board, but no one has answered.... thought I'd try here: I'm leaving in about 2 1/2 weeks on the Anthem. One of our stops is at Labadee. I was reading that Columbus Cove now has about 8 cabanas for rent. I have never rented a cabana on any of the private islands, so I have a few questions. I would appreciate any information you could offer. I assume the cabanas are rented at a set cost, not per person - is this correct? Is there a limit to the amount of family members that could have access to it? Do you have any idea of the cost of a cabana at Columbus Cove (it's not available in my cruise planner)? Also, since the cruise is so close, do you think they've all been rented or do they save some to be rented once on the ship? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

We have one booked for next March. Our cruise planner states 8 people maximum. You only book under one person, not all in the reservation. I have heard the prices can fluctuate per sailing and during certain sales. We have it currently booked at $263. I'm assuming that they are all booked since it is not available in your cruise planner. You can always check once you are onboard.

Are restrooms, bar and lunch available at columbus Cove? Do you have an attendant at the bungalow as you do in a cabana?

I found the beach bungalows better than the cabana. You have an attendant to get you drinks. The restrooms and food are right behind the bungalows. Very convenient! The bungalows are, however, at the very end of Columbus cove but worth the walk.

Here's a nice panoramic pic from our bungalow (we had bungalows 3 & 4). You can see the quieter bungalow portion of Columbus Cove separated from the general guest area, which starts on the other side of the palm tree you see.

It is as quiet and peaceful as it looks. And the buffet is a very short walk behind the bungalows. As are restrooms. Your cabana attendant will get you drinks, and there is a cooler in each bungalow when you arrive with 1L bottles of water. Each bungalow has 3-4 dedicated lounge chairs along with a couple a floating mats for the water.

29512676_10216067157577737_8545456383129026560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=548ebbb385f1c16ae6ceb66529b3fb82&oe=5B465CB4

Are you saying non-bungalow guests cannot use the beach at Columbus Cove?

Non-bungalow guests can use Columbus Cove. Only the far end part (about 20 yrd width) is reserved for bungalow guests.

I'd not recommend bungalows because not all of them are close to the water. Imagine a triangle, where one side is the water line, another is the bungalows and the other line is the rope that separates from the general area. Some bungalows are 20 yards from the water.

Instead of bungalows, get the free beach chairs and place next to the reserved area. Lots of shades as you can see in the picture above. This is where cruise entertainers relax. I met ice skaters, actors, divers.

I found the beach bungalows better than the cabana. You have an attendant to get you drinks. The restrooms and food are right behind the bungalows. Very convenient! The bungalows are, however, at the very end of Columbus cove but worth the walk.

Do they have golf carts for bungalow guests to use ?

Here's a nice panoramic pic from our bungalow (we had bungalows 3 & 4). You can see the quieter bungalow portion of Columbus Cove separated from the general guest area, which starts on the other side of the palm tree you see.

It is as quiet and peaceful as it looks. And the buffet is a very short walk behind the bungalows. As are restrooms. Your cabana attendant will get you drinks, and there is a cooler in each bungalow when you arrive with 1L bottles of water. Each bungalow has 3-4 dedicated lounge chairs along with a couple a floating mats for the water.

29512676_10216067157577737_8545456383129026560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=548ebbb385f1c16ae6ceb66529b3fb82&oe=5B465CB4

Is there a map anywhere that shows the location of each bungalow? Looks like some may be right up against that wall more towards the ferry/tug boat which doesn’t seem like it would be as nice to look at.