CPAP Policy

18 hours ago, okprofit said:

May be off topic a bit, why does Carnival want us to carry our CPAP on with us and not in our checked luggage? I had mine packed in checked luggage last cruise and had no problem. I plan to continue this way. I hate carrying to much stuff.

Never give a medical appliance into the hands of someone else and expect it to arrive and arrive in the same condition.  That includes planes, trains, cruise ships, or anywhere else.  Just as you wouldn't give your medications over.

Can you go the entire cruise without your CPAP if it is lost or damaged?

I just came back at the end of December on my third Carnival cruise aboard Legend here in Australia.  Previously, I never bothered with my CPAP as my sleep apnoea it's not really too severe.  I continue to use the machine at home for reassurance, I guess.  On this last trip, I decided to take my F&P machine without an extension lead.  However, upon requesting one from our steward, they had none available.  We did get a 4-outlet powerboard so I had that plugged into the outlet and then my CPAP cord trailing from it across the floor.  I laid the luggage yoga mat over the cord to minimise trip hazards.  On my next cruise coming up in April, I will pack an extension lead in my CPAP bag and see if Carnival Australia kick up a stink about  the cord.  I wasn't able to find power outlets closer to the bed but admittedly, didn't spend too much time looking.

In terms of the water for the chamber, I just used tap water.  My pharmacist who sold me the machine, said distilled water simply prevents calcium build-up in the chamber and isn't a problem.

I'm travelling in April aboard Spirit in an extended balcony cabin on panorama deck so the cabin's features shouldn't be too dissimilar to Legend's.

I should add, for fellow Australia passengers, I carried my entire CPAP bag in my back pack as carry-on.  It went though the Border Force x-ray machine without issue.