Dining time on cruise planner / egg allergy

I have two separate questions.

Background: our 4 year old has a severe egg allergy. When we first booked our cruise (January 2019, Oasis) the early dining was booked. Late dining is too late with the little one, so we did My time. I made reservations for all the meals for the earliest I could get, and they showed up on my daily schedule of events.

A few weeks later, I contacted special needs about the egg allergy, and they strongly suggested doing a set time dining so that we would have the same waiters each day. Because early was full and late is not doable, our travel agent reached out to the main dining office and, because of the allergy considerations, they fit us into the early dining block.

My first question is - is there any way to see what dining you are booked for in the cruise planner? The my time blocks I had reserved have disappeared and nothing else popped up in their place.

My second question is more of a request. If anyone has tips for dealing with allergies on the boat, I’d love to hear them! We have traveled a ton with our son, so I know the general ropes of dealing with servers and such, but this is his first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Background: our 4 year old has a severe egg allergy. When we first booked our cruise (January 2019, Oasis) the early dining was booked. Late dining is too late with the little one, so we did My time. I made reservations for all the meals for the earliest I could get, and they showed up on my daily schedule of events.

A few weeks later, I contacted special needs about the egg allergy, and they strongly suggested doing a set time dining so that we would have the same waiters each day. Because early was full and late is not doable, our travel agent reached out to the main dining office and, because of the allergy considerations, they fit us into the early dining block.

My first question is - is there any way to see what dining you are booked for in the cruise planner? The my time blocks I had reserved have disappeared and nothing else popped up in their place.

My second question is more of a request. If anyone has tips for dealing with allergies on the boat, I’d love to hear them! We have traveled a ton with our son, so I know the general ropes of dealing with servers and such, but this is his first cruise.

A. You can call RCL and they will confirm your dining times. I had the same problem as I assumed that I had traditional on our upcoming Anthem cruise, but found out when I made a special request with RCLdining@RCCL.com that I had MTD. Called my TA and was able to change to traditional 5:30pm. My main concern is what you brought up which is explained below.

B. My wife is diabetic and in our last 3-4 cruises, each night she met with the Headwaiter and went over the next night menu and identified those dishes/special dishes that could be done without salt. It has worked very well. This is why it is important to have the same Waiter/Headwaiter each night as it is much easier to coordinate.

Contact your travel agent and ask them to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. That will show your dining assignment.

I traveled on the Anthem last week. I had MTD, but after the first night, reserved the same table for the same time each night. Spoke to the waiter the first night, and he got the head waiter, who took very good care of me all week (fruit allergies). So, even if you end up in MTD, just ask to reserve the same table (or section, of you want) for each night.

No tips personally, but there was an excellent review by a dad with allergy kids a few weeks ago. Gatordad maybe? It should pop up in the search .Apparently the dining staff took great care of them.

ETA: Celiac, but similar in that it's dietary concerns. Here's a link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2634840

We just recently switched from MTD to the early after an issue and they then found room for us. As others said, nothing on the cruise planner. My TA sent us updated docs that had the new dining time on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We travel with my DGS, who has several food allergies, egg among them.

As soon as you board, visit the dining room (whichever is on your planner) and confirm your dining time. I’m sure you’ll find them both accommodating and knowledgeable.

We’re sailing on Anthem this week, for our grandson’s sixth cruise. RCI does a great job with dietary restrictions. You might want to bring some prepackaged snacks. It’s convenient to have food you know is safe close at hand and when you leave the ship, you can bring them with you and won’t have to go through the hassle of finding safe foods in a strange port.

I’ll ask my DD for any suggestions she might have for you.

A. You can call RCL and they will confirm your dining times. I had the same problem as I assumed that I had traditional on our upcoming Anthem cruise, but found out when I made a special request with RCLdining@RCCL.com that I had MTD. Called my TA and was able to change to traditional 5:30pm. My main concern is what you brought up which is explained below.

B. My wife is diabetic and in our last 3-4 cruises, each night she met with the Headwaiter and went over the next night menu and identified those dishes/special dishes that could be done without salt. It has worked very well. This is why it is important to have the same Waiter/Headwaiter each night as it is much easier to coordinate.

Agree. Do what need to have early traditional dining...

My way of dealing with my avocado intolerance (yes, avocados make me violently ill, even in small quantities). If I order anything that looks like it may have avocado in it, I ask about it when I order, mention again when delivered, and then eyeball it :). Despite mentioning my issue at Wonderland to my server, we still got something with avocado in it :(. Fortunately, I caught it at “step 2” :)