Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

So that almost catches you up with today’s action.

Packing is done and we are doing express walk off tomorrow morning.

4907baf210d98ff38010d01733eba6b8.jpg

Lisa, Sharon and Owen are at the comedy show in the main theatre while I have been catching you up. I’m waiting for the pine needles to get caught up on the balcony any moment. Every turn the channel seems to narrow more each time.

Maybe I can add some pine needles to the ice cream in the Windjammer.

fbb62de30dde349e9d1787e87289527c.jpg

Looks like I am done for tonight. I currently can’t post pics again. We are almost in the narrowest part of the inside passage.

The alarm is set for 6am and when I have a chance I will return. We have are doing express walk off at 7:30, and have arranged a private transfer picking us up at 8 am. Our flight is at 11am so I will get back when I can.

Good night everyone.

Andrew, I loved your zipline video! I plan to show it to DH, as it will be another good lure to get him to want to go to Alaska! I just hope he doesn't notice that you're wearing sweatshirts. :eek: I have known about that zipline for a while now, and I'd really like to do it!

I loved the pictures of the bears in the woods! I'm wondering if the one who was fishing in the river ever managed to catch anything. It certainly looked hungry!

I really like your itinerary. I think it may be the winner when I finally start planning our Alaska trip.

Thank you for doing this excellent live review, and to your family for putting up with you taking the time out from your vacation to do it!

Andrew, I loved your zipline video! I plan to show it to DH, as it will be another good lure to get him to want to go to Alaska! I just hope he doesn't notice that you're wearing sweatshirts. :eek: I have known about that zipline for a while now, and I'd really like to do it!

I loved the pictures of the bears in the woods! I'm wondering if the one who was fishing in the river ever managed to catch anything. It certainly looked hungry!

I really like your itinerary. I think it may be the winner when I finally start planning our Alaska trip.

Thank you for doing this excellent live review, and to your family for putting up with you taking the time out from your vacation to do it!

My DW and I have done 3 different itineraries in Alaska, We like this one the best.

I also have a story about our last visit to Icy Strait when we rode the zip line. Having left my hat in the cabin, I bought a light toboggan cap in the Excursion building as it was a bit chilly for my bald head in early September. By the time we got up to the top of the zip line though, it was warming up. Anticipating the possibility of a phone call from a high paying job prospect, I was wearing an earpiece for my cell phone should I receive a phone call. We got saddled up and hooked in at the gates opened. We got up to speed quite quickly and the first thing I lost was my toboggan cap. I turned my head to see if maybe it had got hung in the harness so I could retrieve it. That's when the wind caught my earpiece and it went flying off my ear. Well, it's gone and the ride can't stop so you sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. When I got back to the ship, I was telling my friends I had made about the loss of the earpiece. One of the men whom I had befriended was a gentleman from New Jersey. He said "Oh No!" and asked if I went back up the mountain to find it. "Shoot no!" I said. I wasn't about to hike up that mountain and risk getting bear bit for an easily replaceable earpiece. I explained that for all I knew, either a bear no had it or it had landed in a tree and that either a bear or an eagle had it and was trying to pair it with their own cell phone. So for any of you who are considering a zip line, remember t secure or stow your loose items. This zip line can hit speeds up to 60 MPH and you can lose personal items, like glasses also. Fortunately, I didn't lose my glasses.

Stepped off the ship at 7:30, cleared Customs and waiting for our car pick-up by 7:45. Express walk off seemed to work well.

This is where taxis pick you up.

06808de7f53a078cfdfa65fef17e990e.jpg

We checked in here. They have let the security gate know that we have arrived, so when our transfer arrives they can come directly in. They do things differently here than FLL due to limited space.

8a377f6033e95ffcd602e0a52d07baf8.jpg

The joys of high speed connection.

Here is a quick video of a bear in action. I will post another from 2006 from Neets Bay and you can see the difference in the salmon run due to the flow of water in the river.

2fDMVekNLE4

We should arrive in Toronto approximately 6:30pm. I think I will have wifi on the flight, but if not see you on the flip side. I can sort through pics and notes, during the flight, to see if I missed anything during the cruise.

Thanks for posting this..now I can't stop watching :'):')

Yes, this site is dangerous. Haha! It can become addictive. I can’t watch as much any more, but love that you can catch up in the comments. People ask questions etc., so you can usually see what happened by pics people have posted. Enjoy!

Sorry to go off topic Andrew!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums