Cancel for any reason

Nan_Sea

I understand how the cancel for any reason works as far as the funds being used for a future cruise. My question is if I book another cruise with those funds and then have to cancel that cruise do I loose that money? Anyone have experience with this situation?

I understand how the cancel for any reason works as far as the funds being used for a future cruise. My question is if I book another cruise with those funds and then have to cancel that cruise do I loose that money? Anyone have experience with this situation?

I would imagine you would purchase the same insurance for that cruise ... no?

I would imagine you would purchase the same insurance for that cruise ... no?

Yes. Just remember every time you cancel, you 'lose' the premium you paid for the insurance. ;)

The amount you actually pay for the cruise is the only thing covered by the insurance. The credits which Princess gives you are not insurable. So, in the OP’s example, if the second cruise is cancelled, and the entire cruise was paid for with cruise credits, there would have been no actual dollars spent, and thus nothing to insure.

This question comes up here every few years, and it is usually a bit of shock to discover that you cannot insure cruise credits with Princess Vacation Protection (and third party policies don’t usually cover them either, any more than they cover flight points). If you pay for a portion with credits and the rest with dollars, the insurance cost will be based on the amount paid with dollars. If the cruise credits have not expired at the time of cancellation, it may be possible to rebank them, but there are limitations.

I’m sorry, but that’s the way it works, as several regulars to this board can attest from personal experience.