Any info on the CocoCay Beach Beds

My family and I (group of 6) will be on the Adventure of the Seas in August (first RCI cruise!) and we decided to rent two of the Beach Beds for Cococay, since they didn't have any cabanas or bungalows available any more. Has anyone gotten these beach beds recently? I know they are further (South Beach area) then all the other activities but I see they provide a tram to take you back to that area. I've read tho, it's not the best place to swim, is this correct? Also, is there a separate buffet area for us or do we go to the main buffet area. Do we have to go to the excursion desk to pick up the wrist bands? Thanks!

My family and I (group of 6) will be on the Adventure of the Seas in August (first RCI cruise!) and we decided to rent two of the Beach Beds for Cococay, since they didn't have any cabanas or bungalows available any more. Has anyone gotten these beach beds recently? I know they are further (South Beach area) then all the other activities but I see they provide a tram to take you back to that area. I've read tho, it's not the best place to swim, is this correct? Also, is there a separate buffet area for us or do we go to the main buffet area. Do we have to go to the excursion desk to pick up the wrist bands? Thanks!

We had a beach bed but wouldn’t do it again. First it was far from anything. You order your lunch the day before and it was not very good. I had a chicken taco and my husband had a fish one. We would have much rather have the buffet. It was just too quiet for us. When we were on the tram going back to the tender we heard music, and locals dancing and the placed seemed alive. The beds are great for people who want to be alone.

We had the beach beds twice, had a great time, but I don't think they are still available, but knowing RC, who knows? Be sure the terminology isn't being confused. The beach beds at $150 are not being offered this time on my cruise.

beachbed.jpg

bed2.jpg

The Bungalos are much more expensive and IMO, not worth it for 4-5 hours.

I just re-checked Royals site, Bungalos only little difference for the additional $100+

We had the beach beds twice, had a great time, but I don't think they are still available, but knowing RC, who knows? Be sure the terminology isn't being confused. The beach beds at $150 are not being offered this time on my cruise.

beachbed.jpg

bed2.jpg

The Bungalos are much more expensive and IMO, not worth it for 4-5 hours.

They were available for our 26 April Grandeur cruise, but weather was too rough so we didn't make it and went to Nassau for an overnight instead. We had a beach bed reserved. Anyway, they were still available as of 3 months ago.

We have booked a beach bed on CocoCay for our Enchantment cruise in April 2019 for my husband, my 8 year old son, and I. I can't stay in the sun all day so I thought this would be a relaxing option. Hope it will work out!

Knowing how screwed up Royal is, I might have to call. They are NOT on my cruise planner for my upcoming cruise after being there the last 2 years. I would have to walk or take the tram to verify if they are there or not, but I'd be ticked to find out they were there and not offered. For those still interested, here are my last 2 reviews with pictures where we got these. It was a different experience each time.

From 2017 - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2547277

From 2016 - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2416209

We have booked a beach bed on CocoCay for our Enchantment cruise in April 2019 for my husband, my 8 year old son, and I. I can't stay in the sun all day so I thought this would be a relaxing option. Hope it will work out!

If you would, please check the cruise planner and verify you booked BEACH BED and not BUNGALOW and confirm the price. I've been in other threads where the terms are being used for the same thing.

The beach bed is a bed only with 2 lounger chairs nearby.

The Bungalow is a bed and couch with 2 nicer looking lounger nearby.

05222018-beach-bungalows-ZCV3-mosaic.jpg?resize=312:*&crop=312:184;0,0

Compare these to post 5 above

bungalow.JPG

Edited by BillOh

Yes, we have "Full Day Beach Bed Rental" for $157. The bungalow price was at least twice that. It took about 2.5 months after I booked the cruise for the Beach Bed option to show up as an option in my cruise planner.

Thank you for that information, I will talk to my wife and decide if we want to do that again. I'll check with the cruise planner and call C&A if needed.

Update! I havent' had to make any changes to my upcoming Enchantment cruise in awhile. The last time I looked at my cruise planner there were still excursions offered for Cozumel and Costa Maya. (our cruise PC/Cococay/Nassau/PC. Well, finally the Mexican offerings are gone and suddenly on page 2, the beach beds are there. Reserved! I'll take a lot of pics of the South Beach area of Coco Cay in about 8 weeks!

Oh, I'll add one note. They haven't fixed the reservation system for these beds and probably the bungalos and cabanas. I've had Royal confirm, you only need to pay once. For the beds on Coco Cay, the cost is $157. You can have up to 6 people, but if you include more than 1 on the reservation you get charged that amount per person. You would think they could fix that, but then again, what am I saying?

We loved the beach bed on our recent Enchantment cruise. Yes, it is quiet and that was a big part of the charm. Our lunch was very good, and we enjoyed the four bottles of water. The couple next to us got engaged and it was lovely. My husband was able to get in a 30 minute swim and we played paddle ball on the sandbar. If you want a quiet, laid back beach day, we highly recommend the beach bed.

We loved the beach bed on our recent Enchantment cruise. Yes, it is quiet and that was a big part of the charm. Our lunch was very good, and we enjoyed the four bottles of water. The couple next to us got engaged and it was lovely. My husband was able to get in a 30 minute swim and we played paddle ball on the sandbar. If you want a quiet, laid back beach day, we highly recommend the beach bed.

I forgot about the water bottles, they do come in handy. We did book our beds last night. In my 2 visits there, they did things differently, I'll see if they come up with a third routine.

The first time on Majesty in 2016 I think only 5 people booked beds, I think there was 13 available. When we arrived, we picked our choice and a guy came around with a lunch menu.

In 2017 I booked on the ship at the last moment and we have to pick ours, all the front row ones were gone. We had to order lunch ahead of time. They messed up everybody's order to some extend, some massively.