Status Match Question

Dthorne1

Hello Everyone:

My wife and I booked our cruise with MSC for September of this year. We've emailed, talked to MSC on facebook, and submitted the status match forms through the website several weeks ago and still haven't seen anything.

Is this the case for everyone? Or is there a better way to do this? We are Diamond members on RCCL.

Thanks

Dustin

I was able to get it back in 3 weeks but have not seen the one for my wife. I have called three times and sent it in two times and still nothing.

You need to call again and find someone that can do some thing, If you get someone that can help post it on CC

GOOD LUCK

We submitted ours (NCL Platinum) on a Friday, with confirmation to both of us on the Monday that we were Black Card. That feels like only one workday to respond, impressed we are.

I submitted both my hubby's and mine for a gold match. However, Mine came quickly. I have submitted hubby's 4 times and finally after three calls later and two emails I got his. However, according to our booking, he is still welcome status even though I have an email from the voyager department saying differently. Still working on getting it corrected. Hope it is corrected when we sail in November.....;

So, if I am Carnival Platinum, what perks would I receive?

The following contains a link to the status-match chart :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56584465&postcount=12

Here's a link to the MSC web page listing what benefits each level gets (under the 'Membership Privileges' tab):

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Finally got this resolved. My wife and I are both Black Card holders on MSC. We were both Diamond Members on RCCL.

They also gave us each $100usd onboard credit due to the fact that we had already paid our cruise cost in total.

Is there a way to use the onboard credit to book an excursion, or do you have to wait until you get on board?

I will say it took about a week on their Facebook page, but they responded to every message and got it done. I've not had any replies from their email accounts that we've tried to contact them through.

Got mine in a couple of days, didn't get my wife's. Sent my wife's again and didn't hear anything. Called MSC and they said they didn't have anything for her so I sent it again and she received an email in less than a week. I may have sent her proof from Celebrity in the wrong format. This time I made sure it was a jpeg. Bob

Got mine in a couple of days, didn't get my wife's. Sent my wife's again and didn't hear anything. Called MSC and they said they didn't have anything for her so I sent it again and she received an email in less than a week. I may have sent her proof from Celebrity in the wrong format. This time I made sure it was a jpeg. Bob

Thanks for the info. I will try and send it with the JPEG this time and see if goes thru

Hey Dustin,

Was wondering how you got the Status match form through the MSC USA website. I am booked for next July 2019 on the Seaside and am a Diamond on RCCL. This will be my girlfriend's 2nd cruise but my 24th. Thanks for the information. I was not even aware you could status match on MSC until I saw your thread!

Hello Everyone:

My wife and I booked our cruise with MSC for September of this year. We've emailed, talked to MSC on facebook, and submitted the status match forms through the website several weeks ago and still haven't seen anything.

Is this the case for everyone? Or is there a better way to do this? We are Diamond members on RCCL.

Thanks

Dustin

I, too, have been struggling getting a status match for our son. Finally called today, and as I suspected, they had no record of the forms I had submitted. Turns out, you cannot request a status match using the same email address as someone already signed up. As a matter of fact, everyone in your family should have a different email address associated with their Voyager's Club membership or things don't get credited correctly--who knew.

Since I was listing my email address on his form, the system supposedly was not accepting his application. So....resubmitted again today under a different email address. We'll see...

Hey Dustin,

Was wondering how you got the Status match form through the MSC USA website. I am booked for next July 2019 on the Seaside and am a Diamond on RCCL. This will be my girlfriend's 2nd cruise but my 24th. Thanks for the information. I was not even aware you could status match on MSC until I saw your thread!

I used Google Chrome as my browser. I logged into RCCL and took a picture of the homepage where it says your name and C&A status. Saved that as a small jpeg, and it went through.

Honestly, using facebook was much easier. I just sent the same picture through a direct message on their page and it took about a week, but they came through for me. Gave my wife and I both Black Cards, and $100usd on board credit each.

I, too, have been struggling getting a status match for our son. Finally called today, and as I suspected, they had no record of the forms I had submitted. Turns out, you cannot request a status match using the same email address as someone already signed up. As a matter of fact, everyone in your family should have a different email address associated with their Voyager's Club membership or things don't get credited correctly--who knew.

Since I was listing my email address on his form, the system supposedly was not accepting his application. So....resubmitted again today under a different email address. We'll see...

I gave up emailing them.....they never responded.

Used their facebook page and got it done in about a week.

According to MSC File formats accepted are .jpg, .doc, .docx and .pdf

Well I just made out a jpeg file and then went to my mail and there it was. Never sent the jpeg so I'm not sure what they are doing. Maybe the are looking at the C.C. posts.

I see others had used different emails but I used the same one and it only took 10 weeks to get my wife back.

I hope when I book I will not have this trouble and take this much time to do something. The only reason I started this was for the status match from the other cruise lines.

Thank you Dustin for this information. I went ahead & submitted the form through their webpage & then took your advice, found the MSC Facebook page & did a direct message with a screenshot from Royal Caribbean showing I am a diamond as well as a copy of my Crown & Anchor membership card. Hopefully one of those avenues will help. I gave them my name & MSC Seaside booking # for 2019. Fingers crossed. LOL

I used Google Chrome as my browser. I logged into RCCL and took a picture of the homepage where it says your name and C&A status. Saved that as a small jpeg, and it went through.

Honestly, using facebook was much easier. I just sent the same picture through a direct message on their page and it took about a week, but they came through for me. Gave my wife and I both Black Cards, and $100usd on board credit each.

I just got a Facebook message from MSC stating that I have to submit my status match request through a link. I clicked on the link & it took me to the MSC website. Hopefully since I submitted both ways (through Facebook messenger & the website) I will get some sort of answer. Not too optimistic looking through some of the comments in this thread but will wait & see.

Thank you Dustin for this information. I went ahead & submitted the form through their webpage & then took your advice, found the MSC Facebook page & did a direct message with a screenshot from Royal Caribbean showing I am a diamond as well as a copy of my Crown & Anchor membership card. Hopefully one of those avenues will help. I gave them my name & MSC Seaside booking # for 2019. Fingers crossed. LOL

I sent in my status match request a few weeks ago and then my husband's the following week. Neither of us received any kind of 'official confirmation', however I created accounts for us both on the MSC site beforehand and went I went into our profiles the day after submitting each request, it showed us as silver (matched to Carnival Gold). Booked our first MSC cruise the within a few days and received the 5% discount. Was very surprised at how quickly they responded after reading so many complaints about it taking so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the information. I received an email from MSC yesterday stating they needed a better screenshot of my RCCL status (I am a Diamond). I sent then a new screenshot & today I received an email from MSC stating they have matched me & made both myself & my girlfriend a Black Status membership & since we have not paid in full for the July 2019 cruise they went ahead & applied the 5% discount of what will be due for next year. That is great news! If I had not come across this thread I would have not known. Again, thanks all for the information