Rome Symphony Boarding Time

We have a car scheduled to pick us up at our Rome hotel at noon and should get to the ship around 1:30pm. RCL said checking doesn't start until 2:30, should we try to change the time of our pickup?

I was hoping not to have to be at the hotel that long after checkout but I also don't want to have to wait at the cruise terminal for a few hours.

Thanks.

I never pay any attention to boarding times. What time does your ship leave, remember, you must be checked in and on board 90 minutes before sailing. Looks like it is an 1 1/2 hr drive, I would move the Hotel pick up back to account for possible traffic delays. Hard for me to say having not cruised out of Rome. if it were me, I would be at the terminal by Noon or 1 PM

We are also sailing on Symphony with a Rome(Civitavecchia) boarding. Did the check-in online 90 days out and we were offered boarding times as early as 11:30 AM.

We will be in Rome for 3 days in advance, and are eager to board early and enjoy the ship since this is such a port intensive cruise. This will be our 7th Oasis class cruise, and I'm looking forward to being on the newest version.

Our friends have cruised RCCL, but not an Oasis class, so they are looking forward to seeing such a new ship.

We booked this cruise a year ago, and I am SO ready!

Barb in GA

Rome vs Symphony..... it will be very hot in Rome - do you want to kill time sightseeing and getting sweaty for an hour? What can you actually see in an hour? I’d personally get the driver for 11,00 and get to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a car scheduled to pick us up at our Rome hotel at noon and should get to the ship around 1:30pm. RCL said checking doesn't start until 2:30, should we try to change the time of our pickup?

I was hoping not to have to be at the hotel that long after checkout but I also don't want to have to wait at the cruise terminal for a few hours.

Thanks.

We left our Rome hotel at 1130AM and were at the port by 1PM and checked in. You should have no problems - in fact, maybe more your transfer up and get more time on the ship!

So here’s the story:

Bob’s Limo was to pick us up at our Air BnB in Rome at 9:30. We left apartment at 9:20 and our car was there already. We made great time to port and were there by 10:20.

After security, at the bottom of escalator, the lady looked at pass and gave us a number, 51. Our boarding time was 1:30. Then at top of escalator another lady looked at pass , took our 51, and gave us #3. Seems good.

We were directed to sit. My butt barely hit the chair when at about 10:30 they announced check in would start and immediately called #3. Life is indeed sweet.

Check in took about 3 minutes and we were firmly onboard by 10:45.

We are emerald and had mini suite but it’s not clear if this is pertinent.

Overall boarding process 11/10 (extra point for glass of champagne on boarding.)

I’d recommend coming early.

So here’s the story:

Bob’s Limo was to pick us up at our Air BnB in Rome at 9:30. We left apartment at 9:20 and our car was there already. We made great time to port and were there by 10:20.

After security, at the bottom of escalator, the lady looked at pass and gave us a number, 51. Our boarding time was 1:30. Then at top of escalator another lady looked at pass , took our 51, and gave us #3. Seems good.

We were directed to sit. My butt barely hit the chair when at about 10:30 they announced check in would start and immediately called #3. Life is indeed sweet.

Check in took about 3 minutes and we were firmly onboard by 10:45.

We are emerald and had mini suite but it’s not clear if this is pertinent.

Overall boarding process 11/10 (extra point for glass of champagne on boarding.)

I’d recommend coming early.

i'm guessing you saw my daughter and son-in-law...

i think they arrived right when you did...

she told me on the phone that on arrival she headed for the bathroom, and the moment she was there they announced check in was starting..

they checked in and were right on board and headed for their room (a regular BW balcony room, not a suite).

when they got to the room, the room steward had just finished cleaning and told them the room was all theirs...

so they were on board and in their room before 11 i think....

i just looked at my whatsapp...she sent a picture of their stateroom at 11:15 italy time....

(with a notation, "where are we? :cool: " )

i'm guessing you saw my daughter and son-in-law...

i think they arrived right when you did...

she told me on the phone that on arrival she headed for the bathroom, and the moment she was there they announced check in was starting..

they checked in and were right on board and headed for their room (a regular BW balcony room, not a suite).

when they got to the room, the room steward had just finished cleaning and told them the room was all theirs...

so they were on board and in their room before 11 i think....

i just looked at my whatsapp...she sent a picture of their stateroom at 11:15 italy time....

(with a notation, "where are we? :cool: " )

Our room was ready at 1. We did a walking food tour of the ship until then.

Were currently onboard. We arrived at the port at 10:30. Check in started at 10:45 for top tiers. But since there were only about twenty people there we checked in already at 10:50. We were standing in the Promenade with a drink in hand at 11:00. We went to our room to ask our room attendant if we could leave our carry on on the balcony (as I’d read people had done). She said our room was ready and we were welcomed to go in. So we were in our room at 11:07 and off to enjoy the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums