How do I file a complaint?

pakrbakr

How does one connect with Azamara Club Cruises to register a complaint? I have sent three e-mails to them from the contact link on their web page with no response. I have posted on their Facebook page - did receive a request for further information but nothing since. They don;t seem to care. They are not honoring a promotion advertised on their webpage. I have screen shots, with dates, of the page to which I refer. When I called,the response was that it was a mistake. I just want them to honor their advertised promotion.

Here's the disclaimer from Azamara's web site.

DISCLAIMERS

The Company has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this Web site or any other Company Web Site. Users of information from this Web site or any other Company Web Site or links do so at their own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Company Web Site. The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates. While the Company may make changes to the information in a Company Web Site or to any Company service or product at any time without notice, the Company makes no commitment to update the information on a Company Web Site.

Looks like you are out of luck! Seems that they have absolved themselves of having to stand by what the website or ads say. In some instances this makes sense; say a cruise that should have been $3,000. pp shows up in error as $30 pp. Any reasonable person would know that is an error and shouldn’t expect that price to be honored. On the other hand a promotion that offers free internet or discount on a beverage package should IMHO be honored. Don’t know what your situation is but hope you st least get a response.

There are three parts to making a contract, in this case purchasing something to do with a cruise. The main parts are Offer and Acceptance, but there is often an initial part called Invitation to Treat, which in this case is advertising.

A Price on a webpage or in a shop window, is termed as an Invitation to Treat. You look at that price and then say to the web company or shop owner, I'll buy that at the price advertised, this is called the Offer. If the web company or shop owner say Yes that is fine, that is Acceptance, and you have a legal contract. But if they say "No I do not accept your Offer" then there is no legal contract between you.

So in this case Azamara can decide whether or not to Accept your Offer. They do not have to, but they might decide to honour the deal or part of it as a Good Will gesture.

My situation was that they advertised the "Experience More" promotion on my cruise on their web page. I even sent them the screen shots of what we were seeing - my travel agent also saw the promotion on her side. They told us both it was a mistake - nothing about the disclaimer on the web page. Thank you for posting that - explains a lot. Guess they can say about anything on their page to get you interested and then change their mind. Pretty bitter. The promotion was worth about $1000.00 in on board credits to us.

Pakrbakr

Were you at any time offered the experience more package gratis while making your reservation? If so you might have some recourse as I explain here with my own situation. Sometimes phone better than e-mail.

In early December 2017 I made my reservation by phone for a 2018 cruise, I was offered either the EM package or credit towards airfare using Choice Air for no additional charge on top of the current pricing promotion they were running at that time by the AZ reservation agent . I accepted the former, however as I started receiving my account statements there was nothing on it that indicated I was granted what I thought I had accepted. Right around the time of final payment I engaged customer service at least three times by PHONE. First time I was told the offer was only good through November 2017 and probably wasn't valid when I made my reservation in early December. Second time I was told they needed to actually research the phone call itself (remember they are recorded!) and they would get back to me in 7-10 business days. When that didn't happen I called a third time, re-explained the situation to a new rep, asking where they were on the research and the promise to get back to me that was unfulfilled. The rep couldn't help me but did see the chain of conversations and promises made to reconnect with me. At that point I escalated and asked to speak with a CS supervisor. I was told they did indeed finish the research and it indicated an offer was made, but that CS had to await the Revenue Dept.'s clearance as CS could not automatically add the code to my account. After all this I did finally get what I thought I had accepted and made final payment. Best of luck.