Carnival Imagination Detailed Review - 7/29/18 !!!! Pictures to Follow!

SonoranDevil

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. As other posters have mentioned, your detailed writing style made for a very informative, enjoyable read!

You're very kind! Thank you! Now, I'm off figure out how to fund more cruises, so I can start the next review!

We did and we did :) Keeping in mind that it was relatively inexpensive for the 4 day cruise, approximately $50. It allowed us on the ship earlier with access to our stateroom. It also came in handy the 2 or 3 times we needed to use guest services. It also allowed us immediate access to a tender when leaving the ship in Catalina. We were also able to leave the ship pretty much at our leisure upon return to Long Beach as it gave us debarkation tags with the #2 on them. We waited very briefly in the show room while the ship was cleared and we were off the ship by 9:30.

Overall, I found it helpful and useful at the $50 price point. I'm still debating its value for a longer trip but am leaning towards it being a perk I would purchase again, especially since only one person in the cabin needs it.

We haven't cruised Carnival in a while but looking to book a three nighter on either Imagination or Inspiration. So is FTTF pro-rated based on length of cruise? And if just one person in the cabin purchases it it is good for both parties in the cabin?

We haven't cruised Carnival in a while but looking to book a three nighter on either Imagination or Inspiration. So is FTTF pro-rated based on length of cruise? And if just one person in the cabin purchases it it is good for both parties in the cabin?

Yes. The price varies according to the length of cruise. I just paid $90 for my upcoming 7 day cruise on the Breeze. And it includes everyone in your cabin. It is not per person, thank goodness.

Thank you! I would be interested to hear about your trip if you decide to give it a shot!

I just got back from the imagination, we arrived at the port around 11:15, we didn't have FTTF, we send our luggage with the porter, when we got in the terminal, they been calling zone number 4, we got zone number 6, we were onboard less than 10 mins, (only a few people there at that time) We did have a few problem, we had to see guest services before boarding, my passport keep showing up old number, my kids passport keep show up wrong expiration date, I called carnival tech to fix last month, but been told somethings wrong with their system, it will be fine, but it were not, staff at the port very helpful.

We got some candy for the kids, this morning my son open the box, he said the box open very easy, and the plastic inside we're rip open, the candy had been tamp. My kids knew, so they won't eat. They just sad, I will need to check the rest of the candy we got at the fun shop.

Penny, your room steward is super friendly, and he always there whenever we need him, I wasn't so lucky, my room down the hall, with different Steward.

Yesterday when we were about to leave, water were coming down from the celling at one of the room near my sister room, I think around E110, just a few door down right after the hallway. We didn't say bye to Penny, he were so busy helping the people in that room pulling out their stuff,

I just got back from the imagination, we arrived at the port around 11:15, we didn't have FTTF, we send our luggage with the porter, when we got in the terminal, they been calling zone number 4, we got zone number 6, we were onboard less than 10 mins, (only a few people there at that time) We did have a few problem, we had to see guest services before boarding, my passport keep showing up old number, my kids passport keep show up wrong expiration date, I called carnival tech to fix last month, but been told somethings wrong with their system, it will be fine, but it were not, staff at the port very helpful.

We got some candy for the kids, this morning my son open the box, he said the box open very easy, and the plastic inside we're rip open, the candy had been tamp. My kids knew, so they won't eat. They just sad, I will need to check the rest of the candy we got at the fun shop.

Penny, your room steward is super friendly, and he always there whenever we need him, I wasn't so lucky, my room down the hall, with different Steward.

Yesterday when we were about to leave, water were coming down from the celling at one of the room near my sister room, I think around E110, just a few door down right after the hallway. We didn't say bye to Penny, he were so busy helping the people in that room pulling out their stuff,

Thanks for sharing your experience. So, would you cruise the Imagination again?

Thank you very much for the review. I would if we go Disney again, my kids was crying when we left the ship. But I plan to book with carnival panorama for August 2020. I noticed you have two booking. Do you have any suggestion for the location? Each room would be 4 people, since our kids won't stay in their own room. Thanks again, and I'm hoping to see your next review with the panorama in dec 2019.

Thank you very much for the review. I would if we go Disney again, my kids was crying when we left the ship. But I plan to book with carnival panorama for August 2020. I noticed you have two booking. Do you have any suggestion for the location? Each room would be 4 people, since our kids won't stay in their own room. Thanks again, and I'm hoping to see your next review with the panorama in dec 2019.

It's hard for me to give a recommendation, since I've never sailed on the Vista or Horizon, her sister ships. For the 2019 Inaugural sailing, we have a mid-ship balcony room on Deck 8 reserved. Our DD and my mother in law will be occupying the room next to us. For the December, 2020 sailing, we have booked a Havana Aft Balcony on Deck 6, the DD and MIL right next door.

Our 2020 cruise is a milestone birthday for my DW, and it will be a group sailing for us. I know know that some group members are looking at the Family Harbor rooms. It has extra amenities geared specifically towards families.

Hello all!

I just remembered another handy tidbit of information to share about the Imagination:

Do not attempt to run the bathroom sink at the same time as the shower. It will cause the shower drain to stop working correctly. One morning, I decided to shave while DW was in the shower. Next thing I knew, I was standing in an inch of water. Once the sink was turned off, everything drained as normal.

hello all!

I just remembered another handy tidbit of information to share about the imagination:

Do not attempt to run the bathroom sink at the same time as the shower. It will cause the shower drain to stop working correctly. One morning, i decided to shave while dw was in the shower. Next thing i knew, i was standing in an inch of water. Once the sink was turned off, everything drained as normal.

😱😱😱

• 4 weeks later...

629fcef4-b45b-4988-8035-c3de918c614e

We were on the 9/9 to 9/13 Imagination! We found Camilo and we enjoyed him and Margo in every way! We mentioned that he was an internet sensation on cruise critic! He totally remembers you guys, Robert and Shani!! Every bit of your review was head on accurate and we had SO much fun! If anyone is hesitant about booking this cruise, just do it! It’s a great little getaway and we thought the service overall we received was a 10! We would definitely do this again if the time and circumstance is there! Thanks again for your great review and hints-it definitely gave us a picture of what to expect.

f4014a29-8add-4306-8c5a-bf460b483b3a

629fcef4-b45b-4988-8035-c3de918c614e

We were on the 9/9 to 9/13 Imagination! We found Camilo and we enjoyed him and Margo in every way! We mentioned that he was an internet sensation on cruise critic! He totally remembers you guys, Robert and Shani!! Every bit of your review was head on accurate and we had SO much fun! If anyone is hesitant about booking this cruise, just do it! It’s a great little getaway and we thought the service overall we received was a 10! We would definitely do this again if the time and circumstance is there! Thanks again for your great review and hints-it definitely gave us a picture of what to expect.��

f4014a29-8add-4306-8c5a-bf460b483b3a

We're glad you had such a great time!