Is the new free v/s pay for RS cut off time affecting service?

So i was wondering about this now that Carnival has the free room service cut off time. Are people rushing to order before the free cut off time slowing down deliveries?

Also... whats the cut off. Say you order 5 min before cut off time but it gets delivered after cut off time, do you have to pay for that?

Im just curious because this is one service we actually do use many nights. My two over 6 ft tall football/basketball hooping boys are ALWAYS STARVING. And never gain a pound i might add.

lol.

The menu changes at 10pm. It isn't like what was free at 9:55pm suddenly costs after 10pm. Well, coffee and tea - drinks do. And the food that costs extra (like wings) before 10pm costs the same after 10pm.

The menu changes at 10pm. It isn't like what was free at 9:55pm suddenly costs after 10pm. Well, coffee and tea - drinks do. And the food that costs extra (like wings) before 10pm costs the same after 10pm.

Sweet potato fries are the exception. They are $2.00 before 10:00pm and $2.50 after.

So i was wondering about this now that Carnival has the free room service cut off time. Are people rushing to order before the free cut off time slowing down deliveries?

Also... whats the cut off. Say you order 5 min before cut off time but it gets delivered after cut off time, do you have to pay for that?

Im just curious because this is one service we actually do use many nights. My two over 6 ft tall football/basketball hooping boys are ALWAYS STARVING. And never gain a pound i might add.

lol.

There's always 24/7 pizza and the deli is open until 11. Worst case scenario, grab a sandwich and bring it back to the room :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's always 24/7 pizza and the deli is open until 11. Worst case scenario, grab a sandwich and bring it back to the room :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife has to have something sweet preferably oatmeal raisin cookies so we hit the lido get food and fill my yeti cup.

We just got off of the Sunshine yesterday. I didn't take a picture of the menu however I don't think there was anything over $5. There are free and pay items during the day - and then at 10 pm there is a different menu that is all pay. On the late night we tried the chicken tenders ($5) (these are not the same ones that are on the buffet - 2 of us didn't like these and 1 of us did), chicken quesadilla ($3 I think) (very good), the grilled bacon cheese tomato sandwich ($5) (exceptional 1 night and a huge let down another when it was 1/2 the size and only cheese) and the donut sandwich ($3 I think) and way too sweet.

Also, I don't know if all ships are doing this now, but on the Sunshine they did a late night snacks "buffet" in the buffet area on Lido deck from 11:30 pm - 1:00 am. It had hot dogs, grilled ham and cheese, little chicken sandwiches, cookies and I can't remember what else.

I read a couple posts from recent cruisers who said they noticed that since the new charges at 10 PM started, if they called after about 9:50 that the phone would ring, & ring... no one ever picked up.

The speculation was that Carnival was doing this intentionally to prevent people cramming the requests in last minute... OR it could have been that everyone was cramming the requests in last minute and therefore no one was available to answer the phone!

Bottom line, if you're really jonesing for free room service, might not make sense to wait til 9:45 to order it.

Bottom line, if you're really jonesing for free room service, might not make sense to wait til 9:45 to order it.

I think on Splendor, and maybe other ships, you can order room service through the TV. Dare I hope that they add it to the App someday?

It seems like many ships will also add a late-night snacks option between 11 pm (when the Deli closes) and around 1 or 2 am.

-- On the Vista the offerings were quite good (pasta entree, ham and cheese and grilled-cheese sandwiches, a veggie option, cookies) and these were offered on Lido just to the right of the Deli.

-- On the Conquest they offered an expanded menu at Pizza Pirate between 11 pm and 2 am which included chicken parm hoagies, sausage and peppers and another rotating entree, plus REALLY GOOD lasagna. I don't know if they're still doing this but the menu would change to "Pizza Pirate Plus" if so.

And then there's this report from the Sunshine.....

Also, I don't know if all ships are doing this now, but on the Sunshine they did a late night snacks "buffet" in the buffet area on Lido deck from 11:30 pm - 1:00 am. It had hot dogs, grilled ham and cheese, little chicken sandwiches, cookies and I can't remember what else.

--Which sounds similar to what we saw on the Vista.

Bottom line, we've found Carnival's late-night options to be somewhat superior to those on Royal.