Another person shot at Playa Del Carmen

LCTXcruiser

Another journalist was shot in Playa today. So sad! It used to be one of my favorite places to go. Does Carnival even cruise there anymore?

how many people was shot this weekend in TX ? How many shots at schools?

Yes, they do. We have a western Caribbean cruise in September that docks in Cozumel. I have booked an Xcarat excursion and cannot help but be concerned. I am not an alarmist but the crime/murder rate this year is hard to ignore.

how many people was shot this weekend in TX ? How many shots at schools?
I agree. We usually just step over the bodies here in Detroit each day .... Minor inconvenience. I survived sailing to and walking the streets of Cairo and Istanbul, I'd worry abou 0.001% when walking around Playa ..... Was there in April on MSC .... nothing but fun.

It’s a wonder anyone goes to the United States - all those shootings every day, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand what you're saying. We've been to Playa several times and prefer Cozumel. This just adds to the list of reasons I prefer to stay on Cozumel.

If all anyone knows about a location is the headlines of the local news, they would never go anywhere. The city I live in averages 2-3 murders per week and 3 -4 shootings per day, but is listed on multiple sites as a “must visit” city and tourism is booming. The vast majority of the shootings and murders here are drug / gang related, as they are in Mexico and most places. Use common sense, don’t flash cash, jewelry or electronics, don’t wander down side streets alone, etc. and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums