Doors metal like the cabin walls?

DaisyGirl55

I know the walls of the cabin are metal. I always pack magnets and keep my papers, schedule, excursion tickets up on the wall.

I was wondering about the cabin door...are they metal too? We like to decorate our door. Usually I pack removeable sticky putty but I thought I read that strips of magnetic tape will work just as well with less fuss to the door.

I am thinking that they are...but can someone verify this?

I know the walls of the cabin are metal. I always pack magnets and keep my papers, schedule, excursion tickets up on the wall.

I was wondering about the cabin door...are they metal too? We like to decorate our door. Usually I pack removeable sticky putty but I thought I read that strips of magnetic tape will work just as well with less fuss to the door.

I am thinking that they are...but can someone verify this?

I read here that a guy actually packed and "painted" his door with chalkboard paint and wrote on it through out the cruise. I can imagine it would be messy and if one was gonna use chalkboard paint you may want to do it after 2am when the steward is done collecting the breakfast requests from the door...with good air conditioning your door will be "dry" by the time the masses wake up. not sure if this helps but Lowes sells small cans of this paint for about $4.99 which should cover the entire outside of the door and possibly the inside as well.

oh BTW...be sure to use a foam roller so you do not get "streaks" in the paint.

Best of Luck,

-Mark

All of the ships we have been on including NCL have had been metal....Some have slats which make it a little trickier to use magnet sheets but we use the magnetic hooks that you can buy at any hardware, box store or discount store. They worked great with the banners we found on etsy. (search "ship door decorations" if you go there.)

You can also use command hooks. None of our decorations have ever raised an issue or have been removed.

I would not recommend tape or staples. They will say something about that since it can ruin the finish on the door.

Have fun!

We found a lot on etsy that we can customize to our cruise and get them for every cruise.

I read here that a guy actually packed and "painted" his door with chalkboard paint and wrote on it through out the cruise. I can imagine it would be messy and if one was gonna use chalkboard paint you may want to do it after 2am when the steward is done collecting the breakfast requests from the door...with good air conditioning your door will be "dry" by the time the masses wake up. not sure if this helps but Lowes sells small cans of this paint for about $4.99 which should cover the entire outside of the door and possibly the inside as well.

oh BTW...be sure to use a foam roller so you do not get "streaks" in the paint.

Best of Luck,

-Mark

Joke?