solo dining spec rest?

bones774

In 36 cruises as a solo passenger, I have never had a problem eating in any of the restaurants. Lots of times I thought I got better service than those dining around me even at Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve or Day.

I had a fantastic meal in Le Bistro as a solo traveler on the Epic. If anything, I felt like they took extra special care of me. Enjoy!

that sounds good, I've had my first solo cruise just last year and I really enjoyed it, planning many more. thanks

Do they accommodate us well? as in can i have a single table or too busy for that?

They are happy to accommodate you, in fact I have found that solos can often walk up and get seated when larger tables can't because they are too full.

I cruised on the Epic last fall as a solo traveler and did most of my meals in speciality restaurants. I was treated so awesome at Cagney's it became my go-to place. As I have a severe food allergy, having serving staff/chefs "know" me after a few nights was greatly appreciated! I did the Brazilian steakhouse, French, as well as the Teppanyaki (here they will seat you with a group but I had fun with the people I randomly ended up with).

I'm doing a Western Caribbean in a few months on NCL Sun and looking forward booking the specialty dining package again.

In the studios you have access to the solo lounge which i love if you like a quiet space. This has the best free coffee on the ship as well as snacks to grab 24/7. Bar opens during the solo meet &greet. You can still access the lounge on an inside but only at meet and greet time otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the studios you have access to the solo lounge which i love if you like a quiet space. This has the best free coffee on the ship as well as snacks to grab 24/7. Bar opens during the solo meet &greet. You can still access the lounge on an inside but only at meet and greet time otherwise.

is everything in lounge free?

Do they accommodate us well? as in can i have a single table or too busy for that?

YOU are far better finding people for this. Ask around at the solo Meet. What is NCL supposed to do for you?? Find some people and "here you go" enjoy?? It depends who is sailing and the interests of everyone else. I'm never going to just raise my hand and get "assigned" to someone unknown.

Again, If you want to eat with someone else, it's a lot more successful if you make the effort to meet and find someone.

YOU are far better finding people for this. Ask around at the solo Meet. What is NCL supposed to do for you?? Find some people and "here you go" enjoy.

No, I thought they might not want to give up a table to one person that may accommodate 2-4 people, $$$$!

next April 27 I'm going on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic cruise but have a question what is the advantage going solo on this cruise rather than just regular inside cabin or whatever?

The studio isn’t that much smaller than a regular inside and odds are you won’t have to pay as much (taking into account the single traveler “penalty”). Your odds of being next to a room of kids will drop. The Studio Lounge is nice - but honestly I didn’t spend much time there and preferred to dine/wander on my own.

This upcoming cruise I bit bullet and paid for a balcony room, even tho I’m still traveling solo. I enjoyed that extra space when I cruised with a friend recently and decided to treat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dining isn’t an issue you can seat alone or some small groups choose to be seated together. I always prefer alone. The solo meet and greet is a good way to meet others should you wish to dine with people but meet them first.

The studio cabins are a bit quirkier. They have different lighting. They are in corridors that only studios can access etc. I prefer studios for solo cruising but that’s is my opinion. I know others have cruised in insides and been fine too.

Of course you will be seated, you don't need anyone to do this for you. Make the reservation for 1. There is no restriction or minimum.

I’m making reservations now for my October sailing and it doesn’t give me option to book for just “1” currently, so I’m selecting “2”. I have to call regarding some other things so I’ll just have them update it on their end. I wanted to do sooner rather than later to avoid a crazy dining time.

Not all reservations are released to pre book. You would be fine booking onboard and if you sort it on day 1 you will be fine. I don’t find dining on epic too stressful but everyone is different...

Of course you will be seated, you don't need anyone to do this for you. Make the reservation for 1. There is no restriction or minimum.

Why are you being so aggressive? Your second post showed you misunderstood the opening posters post, and the latest response seems to continue that misunderstanding. He's not asking anyone else to do anything for him, but wants to know what the solo dining experience is like. It's a common question.

Not all reservations are released to pre book. You would be fine booking onboard and if you sort it on day 1 you will be fine. I don’t find dining on epic too stressful but everyone is different...

With my food allergy, there’s only a few restaurants that can safety accommodate me so I’m a bit paranoid about reservations :)

I did book most of my meals on my first day when I traveled on Epic - even increased my specialty dining package. Now that I have a feel for what I liked best, I’m hoping for even better time.

No. Inside can have the same capacity as outside just without window or balcony. Plenty of space for children. Studios however are kid free zones. Also some insides are on same corridors as an outside cabin so this remark is invalid.