kids and VIFP numbers

canadaman111

Last February my family of 6 (4 kids) went on our first cruise. Obviously we were all blue cards. We booked our second cruise for this coming February and in our cruise manager it shows my wife and I as red cards now. But the 4 kids not having a carnival account show as "none" for VIFP number. Will they get red cards or do they need a carnival account so their cruises can be tracked.

THis isn't really a big deal, I was just curious

You can look up their numbers on Carnivals website although they cannot have profiles unless they are at least 13. I just keep my daughters number on my phone and when I book a cruise I add it to the booking. I forgot to do that in July and boy was my 6 year old miffed that she got a blue card!! [emoji23]

Everyone who has ever cruised Carnival has a VIFP number. You will just have to call Carnival to get it, or use the "look up VIFP number" link on the website (it requires name and birthdate), and add it to the booking.

Last February my family of 6 (4 kids) went on our first cruise. Obviously we were all blue cards. We booked our second cruise for this coming February and in our cruise manager it shows my wife and I as red cards now. But the 4 kids not having a carnival account show as "none" for VIFP number. Will they get red cards or do they need a carnival account so their cruises can be tracked.

THis isn't really a big deal, I was just curious

My dd, 12, has been on all my cruises with me. I always book through my PVP and have never had any issues with her being the same status as myself. I have never set up any accounts, PVP does everything.

After our Alaskan cruise next month we will have 74 cruise days...so next one is Platinum for us :):)

My kids have been on 4 cruises with us and had never received a VIPF number nor upgraded card, I just assumed they don't earn any until they are adults. BUT I recently called to link reservations with a few friends so that we will be seated together in the dining room and the Carnival rep was the one that pointed out they did not have one and assigned them one. It does take 5 min of work but if you cruise often, why not? They can be platinum by the time they are adults :)

My kids have been on 4 cruises with us and had never received a VIPF number nor upgraded card, I just assumed they don't earn any until they are adults. BUT I recently called to link reservations with a few friends so that we will be seated together in the dining room and the Carnival rep was the one that pointed out they did not have one and assigned them one. It does take 5 min of work but if you cruise often, why not? They can be platinum by the time they are adults :)

You should have all their cruises credited to that number. My youngest was 2 when he started cruising and made Platinum at 13 - so it is well worth it! Extra laundry allows them to go home with clean clothes, the huge waters are great for shore excursions, and there is no more issue with will they board with us or not (you can get some really heated debates as some feel that the rules do not allow say a 20 year old and 14 year old to board with parents - but they do because for cruise booking purposes, they both are minors).

You can look up their numbers on Carnivals website although they cannot have profiles unless they are at least 13. I just keep my daughters number on my phone and when I book a cruise I add it to the booking. I forgot to do that in July and boy was my 6 year old miffed that she got a blue card!! [emoji23]

It's a shame Carnival places this burden on customers. IMHO Carnival should remember and recognize every passenger based on their cruise history without placing a burden on parents for recognition of their minor children <=13 years of age.

My 10 year old daughter went on her second cruise in May. I logged onto the Carnival website found her VIPF # and added it to that booking. After reading your comment, I'm so glad that I did because she would've been upset also to get a blue card for the second time. I assumed that Carnival would automatically add the points and giving the right card but I guess I was wrong.

My 10 year old daughter went on her second cruise in May. I logged onto the Carnival website found her VIPF # and added it to that booking. After reading your comment, I'm so glad that I did because she would've been upset also to get a blue card for the second time. I assumed that Carnival would automatically add the points and giving the right card but I guess I was wrong.

How did yo add it? Did you find away to do it online? Or did you call?