Viking Airport Transfers

TruJeffie

Hi Everyone,

We have booked Viking Air Plus for our cruise next year but are using it to fly into Venice the week before our cruise out of Barcelona. Does Viking still sell airport transfers? Our travel agent is saying they will not do that anymore. We are flying on our own with Vueling into Barcelona airport the day of embarkation and want to get picked up by Viking and transferred to the ship.

Any experience buying Viking transfers? I emailed Viking and am waiting to hear back from them.

Jeffrey

Wow,

Viking is the best. I got a call from them within an hour after seeing this post with the correct information. They do still sell transfers and my agent was misinformed.

Thanks for the cab information. I may consider that option. Anyone buy a Viking Transfer? I wonder what they cost. I forgot to ask

Jeffrey

Hi Everyone,

We have booked Viking Air Plus for our cruise next year but are using it to fly into Venice the week before our cruise out of Barcelona. Does Viking still sell airport transfers? Our travel agent is saying they will not do that anymore. We are flying on our own with Vueling into Barcelona airport the day of embarkation and want to get picked up by Viking and transferred to the ship.

Any experience buying Viking transfers? I emailed Viking and am waiting to hear back from them.

Jeffrey

We've arrived at the ship both ways now, by cab and with Viking transfers.

Taking a cab in Barcelona is easy. We have done it three times now, once from the airport and twice to the airport. It is a flat fee to the ship; current rates can be found on line but I believe that it cost us 39€ plus a 1-2€ charge for each suitcase (which is SOP for cabs in Spain). So, 45€ for both of us. We rolled off the plane and into a cab. I don't remember there being much of a line and the were plenty of cabs waiting for passengers.

One advantage to taking a cab was that the security line at the pier was short (and since we didn't have much luggage, it was easy to deal with). When we arrived by bus, the line was out the door waiting to go through the on or two screening lanes that were open. But, when we arrived by bus, we didn't have to worry about our luggage because Viking took it from us at the airport and delivered it to our cabins.

We've arrived at the ship both ways now, by cab and with Viking transfers.

Taking a cab in Barcelona is easy. We have done it three times now, once from the airport and twice to the airport. It is a flat fee to the ship; current rates can be found on line but I believe that it cost us 39€ plus a 1-2€ charge for each suitcase (which is SOP for cabs in Spain). So, 45€ for both of us. We rolled off the plane and into a cab. I don't remember there being much of a line and the were plenty of cabs waiting for passengers.

One advantage to taking a cab was that the security line at the pier was short (and since we didn't have much luggage, it was easy to deal with). When we arrived by bus, the line was out the door waiting to go through the on or two screening lanes that were open. But, when we arrived by bus, we didn't have to worry about our luggage because Viking took it from us at the airport and delivered it to our cabins.

Do you by chance remember what you paid for the Viking transfer? Thanks for the information

Do you by chance remember what you paid for the Viking transfer? Thanks for the information

We paid $49 per transfer between Fiumicino and Civitavecchia (Rome) at the end of last year. I don’t imagine Barcelona would be more as I believe it’s a far shorter distance from the airport to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A cheaper option would be 'Aerobus' from Barcelona airport to Place de Catalunya, 5.90 euros each, then taxi to the port, it wont be much as it is literally 10 minutes away. The bus runs every 10 minutes and is really efficient, no extra charge for luggage. This is what we will be doing in November as we have arranged our own flights. it is a walkable distance to the port, but dragging suitcases may make it not enjoyable!

Old buddy, sounds good....but I'm one of those people that just needs a cab and a direct route after traveling for 20 hours! In Stockholm we planned on taking the Arlanda Express (train) and had even bought tickets ahead of time that I forfeited for a taxi. Dumb, but worth it at the time 😀😀😀

A cheaper option would be 'Aerobus' from Barcelona airport to Place de Catalunya, 5.90 euros each, then taxi to the port, it wont be much as it is literally 10 minutes away. The bus runs every 10 minutes and is really efficient, no extra charge for luggage. This is what we will be doing in November as we have arranged our own flights. it is a walkable distance to the port, but dragging suitcases may make it not enjoyable!

It is a 4 kilometer walk from P./Catalunya to Terminal C. The distance is doable but inside the port, there is a long bridge that you must walk up and over to reach the Terminal buildings. Check it out on Google Streetwise before you decide to walk rather than take a cab.

Hi Everyone,

Jeffrey

This won’t answer the exact question about the cost of transfer in Barcelona, but for a possible relative comparison: We are doing our own flight arrangements for a Sept. cruise that terminates in Montreal. Taxi from ship to airport is a flat rate of $41 CAD. Viking transfers - which they are happy to provide even if you do your own air - is $49/person.

Thank you! Just the information I need! If the cabs are easily available at the Barcelona airport that is what I'll do. I'm a preplanner so I was thinking about having the transfers booked just to not worry about anything but I have also read that one of the downsides to transfers is that sometimes you have to wait to at the airport for other passengers to arrive and then you go to the ship in a big group causing further delay.

How about from the transfers from Civitavecchia (Rome) to the airport? Are cabs available at the port?