OBC $50 per shore excursion please help clarify!

Scrivine41

So we received this as one of our perks. I pre booked 4 excursions online and pre paid them. My travel agent is saying we needed to book them on the ship to qualify? I think this is wrong. When I would log in I’d get the message to pre book for my credit which would be applied on my account.

Can someone clarify? Here I’m thinking I’m getting $200 for 4 excursions booked and not I won’t because I did what Norwegian told me to do?

Thanks for clarifying, we leave Sunday.

The credit is not applied to your onboard account until after you’ve taken the excursion (is my understanding.) So, you should see the credit onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, this is correct. She called ncl for me to confirm.

This is from MyNcl home page. I have booked online over 16 excursions for my upcoming B2B. Credit applied to onboard account end of day, after excursion taken. If you log in, Select VIEW RESERVATION, then, it says "Use your $50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit. Book Today. Credit Applied Onboard." in big white letters across the screen. Then select Shore Excursions. Can't miss it. Hope this helps.

There are three ways of putting the $50 credit into effect AFTER you have done the excursion.

1) Book online and pay the full cost (less any Latitudes discount) and receive the $50 as OBC after the excursion

2) Phone the NCL Shore Excursion number and book/reserve the excursions. On your folio will appear a charge for the excursion less the Latitudes Discount and again receive the $50 credit after you have done the excursion which it is logical to just use to decrease the cost. Do NOT assume it is OBC that you have to spend on board.

3) Book on board ship. This has the same effect as #2.

HTH

Mike

The credit is not applied to your onboard account until after you’ve taken the excursion (is my understanding.) So, you should see the credit onboard.

yes, you are right. We have done this a few times. The first time, like the OP, we were a bit confused. Even when we waited until we got on board the full tour amount showed up on our account, but the perk was applied as soon as we finished the tour.

There are three ways of putting the $50 credit into effect AFTER you have done the excursion.

1) Book online and pay the full cost (less any Latitudes discount) and receive the $50 as OBC after the excursion

2) Phone the NCL Shore Excursion number and book/reserve the excursions. On your folio will appear a charge for the excursion less the Latitudes Discount and again receive the $50 credit after you have done the excursion which it is logical to just use to decrease the cost. Do NOT assume it is OBC that you have to spend on board.

3) Book on board ship. This has the same effect as #2.

HTH

Mike

Thank you, this is correct. Nice to have a credit on board!

So we received this as one of our perks. I pre booked 4 excursions online and pre paid them. My travel agent is saying we needed to book them on the ship to qualify? I think this is wrong. When I would log in I’d get the message to pre book for my credit which would be applied on my account.

Can someone clarify? Here I’m thinking I’m getting $200 for 4 excursions booked and not I won’t because I did what Norwegian told me to do?

First and foremost, your travel agent is giving you bad information. If I were you, I would fire them immediately. If they are too lazy to get you the right information (took me about 10 seconds to pull the following from NCL’s web site), then they don’t deserve the big commission they are making on you.

Prebooking and paying is the least desirable method since you end up with a OBC to spend. (I would never leave money on my account hoping that NCL will some day refund it).

Booking on board has the challenge that popular tours will sell out before your cruise during the prebooking period.

Best way is to call (at the number below), prebook and pay onboard. The $50 will offset your payment onboard.

NCL: Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard. For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

I can vouch that the $50 credit per day was posted as OBC once we had taken each excursion. Whether I get the discount up-front when booking or afterwards as OBC, doesn’t matter as it nets out the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch that the $50 credit per day was posted as OBC once we had taken each excursion. Whether I get the discount up-front when booking or afterwards as OBC, doesn’t matter as it nets out the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all. I plan on using the credit for a massage!

Most important thing you need to know is that the tours are able to be canceled without penalty anytime up to 48 hours in advance of the tour so you should just go ahead and call NCL and cancel those tours and at the same time book those same tours with the NCL representative. You can book the tours in advance but you must do so by phone with Norwegian Cruise line so that the representative can enter the purchase with a balance due that will be due after you board. They will even deduct your latitudes discount. As an example, I purchased the Playa mia deluxe beach break for Cozumel. The full price of the tour is $85. Because I’m a gold latitudes member (70 days sailed on NCL) I get a 10% discount on shore excursions. So when you subtract 10% it leaves a $76.50 balance. When you subtract the $50 discount for the Cozumel port that is due me that leaves a balance of $26.50. It is exactly this balance that the Norwegian Cruise line representative told me I will owe for this tour. If instead of booking a tour that cost $85, I had booked a tour that cost $55 you would have a $49.50 balance After my latitudes discount. When you then subtract the $50 discount I am due you would think that would leave a 50 cent credit but it does not because the policy states that the $50 discount per port has no cash value so if there is a negative balance when it is deducted you don’t get change or credit towards tour at another port. It also states in the terms and conditions that there is only one $50 credit per state room not per person. It also states that no tours at the embarkation port are covered but you can use the discount at the debarkation port. So if you have a very late flight home you could purchase a tour that included transfer to your desired airport which would save you transfer expense.

Edited by Jana60