Vow Renewal

Cruzlover7

Planning a vow renewal for my parents 60 th anniversary on the Paradise in December. Has anyone used this service on Carnival? If so, is there anything you wish you had done differently? Was it worth the money? Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and I did the vow renewal on Holland America a couple of years ago and it was wonderful. Only cost $150, not the outrageous cost that Carnival charges! The Captain did the ceremony and we had live music, champagne, and appetizers. There was a photographer and we were presented with an album before the cruise was over. The Captain stayed to chat after the ceremony and we had a lovely time. Friends of ours did their vow renewal, also on Holland America, in the chapel on Half Moon Cay and also had a lovely, touching time. Can't speak about how Carnival does it, but just was surprised at the price when compared to HAL's. I'm sure Carnival will do a nice job and your parents will enjoy it.

DD and SIL did this on Conquest several months ago. They too were a bit leery of the price but were pleased with everything nonetheless. Lots of photographs, a really nice cake, champagne and all officiated by the Captain in a private lounge ("private" in that it was closed to all passengers except us). The planner (I guess that is what you would call her) was very attentive before, during and every evening after, stopping by the MDR to visit with us to make sure our cruise was going great (which it was). I don't know what drives Carnival's higher price (compared to the other lines) but as I mentioned, DD and her husband were not disappointed.

Joepeka, thank you. We only have 8 people including the my parents that’s what makes the price hard to swallow. We will cherish the moment though. My parents were married in front of the justice of the peace in Germany 60 years ago, so we are trying to make it special.

Joepeka, thank you. We only have 8 people including the my parents that’s what makes the price hard to swallow. We will cherish the moment though. My parents were married in front of the justice of the peace in Germany 60 years ago, so we are trying to make it special.

I think your parents will be very touched by the ceremony, based on our experience. It's very admirable of you to do this for them - I'm sure they will remember it for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Expensive and limited ! Save your money , their already hitched ;p :D

I know... but see Mom never got to wear a wedding dress or carry flowers for that matter. Dad, he will probably will reiterate what you said, with a few choice words. But he don’t have a choice lol. Mom is not going to wear a wedding dress, we are getting her a more of a resort wear white dress so she can at least get the feel of that special white dress on her wedding day.

This past May on the Pride it was 800 dollars. Included private ceremony with the Captain in the chapel then a small private party in the piano bar with a cake of your choice and champagne for eight including the couple.

It’s $825 for the basic package for eight guests. Includes private room, music, ceremony by the Captain, 2 tier cake, long stem Rose for the bride, boutonniere for groom, champagne toast for all and a professional photographer. One 8 x10 photo included in package. Their are other photos packages available for purchase also at a high cost.

I know... but see Mom never got to wear a wedding dress or carry flowers for that matter. Dad, he will probably will reiterate what you said, with a few choice words. But he don’t have a choice lol. Mom is not going to wear a wedding dress, we are getting her a more of a resort wear white dress so she can at least get the feel of that special white dress on her wedding day.

Thanks for not taking my sense of humor the wrong way :D. Something tells me your Dad and I would get along just fine :').

They are blessed to have such a wonderful family member. Enjoy !

Thank you for the replies. I am hopeful Carnival will not disappoint given the outrageous price. My parents are worth it though.

On the ship it may seem expensive but ....

1 I think I'm right in assuming that the cruise line does all the prep and cleanup.

2. If you were throwing a big party for your parents' 60th at home the bottom line would probably far surpass the cost on the ship.

3. Having the vow renewal on a ship is unique and will give them the joy of stories to tell for years

just some thoughts ...:)

Thanks for not taking my sense of humor the wrong way :D. Something tells me your Dad and I would get along just fine :').

They are blessed to have such a wonderful family member. Enjoy !

I followed you on cc for some time. You and my Dad would definitely get long. I am the one that they say “ the leaf don’t fall far from the tree” amongst my three sisters when it’s comes to my Dad. Tends to get me in trouble once in a while.

On the ship it may seem expensive but ....

1 I think I'm right in assuming that the cruise line does all the prep and cleanup.

2. If you were throwing a big party for your parents' 60th at home the bottom line would probably far surpass the cost on the ship.

3. Having the vow renewal on a ship is unique and will give them the joy of stories to tell for years

just some thoughts ...:)

Summersigh you are right. I am typically the one doing all the planning, cooking, setting up and breaking down. Thanks for putting that into perspective for me.