FTTF with families booked across 2 staterooms.

BENHANDEL

Novice carnival cruiser here.

We are booked in a family Harbor Suite for Christmas this year. My sister just surprised me with a spring break trip for just me and the kids. We will be in one room and she will be in another with her kids. Our reservations are both in her name, I believe. Is it correct that we would still need to purchase FTTF for each stateroom? What would the hassle versus benefit factor be if we had only one room book FTTF so that we had a place to drop the luggage right away? How much longer would me and my kids be lingering in the port waiting to get on the ship?

TIA

The benefits of early boarding are per cabin. She'd need to purchase FTTF (Faster To The Food :) ) to gain early boarding.

However! She can piggy-back on your purchase on things like priority tender access and self-debarkation. Priority tender access can be be extend to five guests and the same for debarkation. We've never seen the person restriction enforced, and we've never exceed that limit.

In Half Moon Cay we took all those couples at our dinner table with us after a quick breakfast.

For debarkation you will receive a letter explaining where to go for priority self-assist. Herd your group there.

How long between the two groups boarding would depend on your port arrival time of the non-FTTF cabin. If you get the earliest arrival time, the boarding time between the two groups could be as low as 15 minutes. If they get a late arrival time, it could be a couple of hours or so.

There shouldn't be any problem with the FTTF people taking all the carry ons for both cabins to store in theirs.

We have 2 rooms, I only purchased FTTF for my room. We have an 1130-12:00 check in time which is perfect for us. (Hotel checkout is 11:00) We will all board together without using FTTF. We can drop off our carryon bags in my room and hang out on my balcony while we eat lunch. The second rooms charges are on my account so I can use the priority line at GS to question any issues. It just didn't make sense to buy it for both cabins

I have 2 cabins booked for my April 2019 cruise each cabin is linked to my account, however each cabin is in different names, one in my name one in my DS name. When I saw FTTF was available I purchased FTTF it gave me 1 FTTF for each cabin. If your sister did not have the rooms linked then yes you would have to purchase a FTTF for your cabin.

Your sister could technically put your luggage in her cabin until your cabin is ready. For me FTTF is worth it if you have a tender port, need guest services, or like early debarkation.

I have 2 cabins booked for my April 2019 cruise each cabin is linked to my account, however each cabin is in different names, one in my name one in my DS name. When I saw FTTF was available I purchased FTTF it gave me 1 FTTF for each cabin. If your sister did not have the rooms linked then yes you would have to purchase a FTTF for your cabin.

Your sister could technically put your luggage in her cabin until your cabin is ready. For me FTTF is worth it if you have a tender port, need guest services, or like early debarkation.

That's odd. I have 2 rooms booked, 1 in my name and 1 in my sons. Cabins are linked and when I purchased FTTF, it only gave it for my room. Not my kids. All the same last name too,

However....if you are tendering to shore and have a private excursion booked, only one cabin will be able to get a priority tender. The rest will have to wait until the carnival booked excursions and FTTF leave.

Misinformation!

Each person in a cabin with FTTF can bring up to five non-FTTF passengers on the tender.

However....if you are tendering to shore and have a private excursion booked, only one cabin will be able to get a priority tender. The rest will have to wait until the carnival booked excursions and FTTF leave.

Ummm... No. It's as I have stated. Five are allowed.

The benefits of early boarding are per cabin. She'd need to purchase FTTF (Faster To The Food :) ) to gain early boarding.

However! She can piggy-back on your purchase on things like priority tender access and self-debarkation. Priority tender access can be be extend to five guests and the same for debarkation. We've never seen the person restriction enforced, and we've never exceed that limit.

In Half Moon Cay we took all those couples at our dinner table with us after a quick breakfast.

For debarkation you will receive a letter explaining where to go for priority self-assist. Herd your group there.

Not entirely true and people wonder why they cut benefits.

Debark, you're not allowed to herd others to join you, only if they have the sticker that says fttf.

Well... you are. You can take your family with you. We've done it since they offered the benefit. We asked the first couple of times and after that no worries. We've also never had to purchase FTTF, and when we compared for our friends all that they were going to miss was boarding with us. We took their carry-ons to our cabin and waited for them at a lido table.

Second, all three, diamond, platinum and Faster To The Food self-assist takes less than ten minutes.

Well... you are. You can take your family with you. We've done it since they offered the benefit. We asked the first couple of times and after that no worries. We've also never had to purchase FTTF, and when we compared for our friends all that they were going to miss was boarding with us. We took their carry-ons to our cabin and waited for them at a lido table.

Second, all three, diamond, platinum and Faster To The Food self-assist takes less than ten minutes.

I know Diamond and Platinum can, but I haven’t seen this for FTTF. I have had FTTF before I turned Platinum and don’t recall seeing that on any papers I got in my room like I did being Platinum but maybe I can go back through my old papers and check. Is there somewhere else it’s printed?

So, my family of 384 people can all go to the designated waiting area for fttf if only one has it? And diamonds, can we bring everyone to that area too? Sweet! Good to know.

Carnival is missing the boat here in not charging each cabin for these services, instead of each family.

So, my family of 384 people can all go to the designated waiting area for fttf if only one has it? And diamonds, can we bring everyone to that area too? Sweet! Good to know.

Carnival is missing the boat here in not charging each cabin for these services, instead of each family.

I don’t recall seeing anything about bringing additional people for FTTF, but Diamond/Platinum can bring up to 5.

2fedfc9107be2a58330c4410cbce3a97.jpg

I know Diamond and Platinum can, but I haven’t seen this for FTTF. I have had FTTF before I turned Platinum and don’t recall seeing that on any papers I got in my room like I did being Platinum but maybe I can go back through my old papers and check. Is there somewhere else it’s printed?

I like the post above about 300+ tagging along. That didn't happen... I'll reserve the right to be wrong on this, but we've had big groups join us and the FTTF folks were in force. I asked, and they shared the five number.

As I stated, we've never had to use it, we take them based on having been platinum.

Doesn't talk about bringing anyone to debark.

No it doesn’t, just for tendering. I will say that last year on Vista, one person in our group was unable to get FTTF. We were all going to the airport together, and it was an early flight. I told him I thought he might be able to get off the ship with me but I wasn’t sure. He showed up to the dining room before me and told the lady that I was Platinum and asked if he could go with me. She said yes but if I didn’t show up, she would kick him out. When I arrived I had to show her my card and she confirmed that he was with me. Once I did she acknowledged that he could stay.

They do that I think because a platinum could have someone with a gold, blue, or red card staying in the same room with them. It's just an issue to me when people bring the whole gang across multiple rooms to the priority "event". It dilutes the value to people that have earned the perk through their cruises or those that have paid for it.

They do that I think because a platinum could have someone with a gold, blue, or red card staying in the same room with them. It's just an issue to me when people bring the whole gang across multiple rooms to the priority "event". It dilutes the value to people that have earned the perk through their cruises or those that have paid for it.

Oh, I agree. I don’t even think a non Platinum/Diamond member should be invited to the party even if they are staying in the same cabin. It doesn’t say anywhere in writing that they are welcome so I wouldn’t assume they are. Matter of fact, I’ve left mom to her own devices when I went. But we won’t get into that discussion as that’s a whole other battle!