Self Assist Debarkation

cthrn27

hello. Just off Paradise (review to follow shortly). We have cruised before, but I was surprised by the debarkation process on the Paradise. At the info meeting on the last full day of the cruise, the presentation was over and I had not heard a reference to self assist being able to leave at a particular point. When I asked the cruise director, he said that self assist would leave when their deck was called. I must have looked confused because he told me that they did this every 5 days and that they knew what they were doing. WHAT A MESS!!! We waited, on the Promenade, with all of our luggage for close to 90 minutes. Last year we did an excursion, so left right away. Am I getting forgetful??? Doesn't self assist usually get to leave before that???

Thanks

hello. Just off Paradise (review to follow shortly). We have cruised before, but I was surprised by the debarkation process on the Paradise. At the info meeting on the last full day of the cruise, the presentation was over and I had not heard a reference to self assist being able to leave at a particular point. When I asked the cruise director, he said that self assist would leave when their deck was called. I must have looked confused because he told me that they did this every 5 days and that they knew what they were doing. WHAT A MESS!!! We waited, on the Promenade, with all of our luggage for close to 90 minutes. Last year we did an excursion, so left right away. Am I getting forgetful??? Doesn't self assist usually get to leave before that???

Thanks

Yes you leave earlier.

This past May we were on the Splendor, where we did self assist debarking and were told we had to wait until our deck number was called. We had about 90 min wait too, which for us wasn’t that big an issue as our flight wasn’t until 5pm.....but it was frustrating to have no where to go, but must be ready....

Thank goodness I had a book to keep me occupied.

It honestly made me wonder why I would ever do self assist again. There was no benefit. By the time we got to Customs, the line was insane. It was another 90 minutes to see that they only had 2 agents processing the entire ship.

It honestly made me wonder why I would ever do self assist again. There was no benefit. By the time we got to Customs, the line was insane. It was another 90 minutes to see that they only had 2 agents processing the entire ship.

Your Self assist should have come after diamond/plat self assist

What you experienced isn’t typical for self assist. I generally do self assist and was able to leave first or at any point after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a similar experience on the Dream in April. I was booked on Carnival shuttle to the airport at 8:45, but they kept telling everyone we were not allowed to debark for self assist until our deck was called. The 3 decks that are all rooms (7,8,9) were grouped together to be called last! I was on 8.

I waited and waited and waited. At 8:15 I said forget it I’m going regardless, and ignored their demands to wait. There was no way I’d make my shuttle if I had listened. I got to my shuttle right on time and made my flight. No one stopped me or said anything when I got downstairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even with self assist you still have to wait on the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF. Then they go by decks. For those that do just head on down, you may or may not get turned back. I have seen employees turning people back especially if the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF have not exited yet.

Even with self assist you still have to wait on the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF. Then they go by decks. For those that do just head on down, you may or may not get turned back. I have seen employees turning people back especially if the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF have not exited yet.

But really, what are they going to Do? Blockade me from getting off the ship? Just like when beggars come asking for money, ignore them and keep walking and they give up within 10 feet. With 4000 people trying to get off the ship the crew doesn't want to make a big deal of it

But really, what are they going to Do? Blockade me from getting off the ship? Just like when beggars come asking for money, ignore them and keep walking and they give up within 10 feet. With 4000 people trying to get off the ship the crew doesn't want to make a big deal of it

Apparently you have little regard for rules. Can you imagine if all 4000 passengers had your attitude.

Carnival has been known to ban folks for breaking and or ignoring safety requirements. They can also have you held up going through customs. I can only hope you are dealt with accordingly if you go with the "about me"

attitude and try to disembark improperly. Oh.....hopefully you're not traveling with children as you set this fine example......

Apparently you have little regard for rules. Can you imagine if all 4000 passengers had your attitude.

Carnival has been known to ban folks for breaking and or ignoring safety requirements. They can also have you held up going through customs. I can only hope you are dealt with accordingly if you go with the "about me"

attitude and try to disembark improperly. Oh.....hopefully you're not traveling with children as you set this fine example......

Hasn't happened yet, don't expect it to. And no, I don't have kids, I'm selfish (obviously) And I can't stand the little brats. It's just me and my gf and 2 backpacks of gear, I'm not waiting for however long when we are probably 2 of the most simple passengers to disembark

My, my aren't you special.

I don't have many millennial entitlement issues but waiting to get off the boat is one of them. Lol

Edit- and not wearing shorts in the MDR. my vacation, I wear what I want