Loyal to Royal thinking about trying Celebrity

In our opinion Celebrity has better food in both the MDR and Oceanview Café than Royal does in it's MDR and Windjammer. Royal has much better theater entertainment than Celebrity although Celebrity does have a lot of good music in the Grand Foyer before and after dinner.

Celebrity appears to be aimed primarily at couples and it's ships are more elegant. Royal is definitely aimed more towards families with it's rock climbing walls, flow rider, great kids program etc.

Royal definitely has a better loyalty program from our perspective and you have a much better chance to make Pinnacle (700 nights in Inside/Window/Balcony cabin or 350 nights in suites). Celebrity's loyalty program is much more difficult to get to Zenith (1500 nights in Inside/Window cabin or 1000 nights in a regular balcony cabin or 600 nights in Concierge/Aqua cabin or significantly less if you stay in higher price suites. We definitely prefer Royal's Diamond and/or Concierge lounges rather than Celebrity's 2 hours of drinks in the Sky Lounge.

That having been said we definitely enjoy both Royal and Celebrity.

We normally do grand suites on rccl, perks are really great on celebrity , suite restaurant on all ships , food and service there were excellent , there suite lounge micheals has free drinks from early morning to midnight . We were on summit and sky suite was very small , I know they are bigger on the newer ships, buffet was way better than rccl. Problem is entertainment.

While I've never been in a SS on M class ship (like Summit) but I've been in a couple (S2) on S class ships. I've been in Jr Suite on FOS and I thought they were about the same size as a SS.

A Grand Suite is equivalent to a Celebrity Suite so you really can't compare them to a SS.

Yes and while CK is great, Luminae is better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The level of service at Luminae is much better than CK.

Food is just a little better. IMHO.

And I agree, the entertainment on RCI is much better.