Loyal to Royal thinking about trying Celebrity

Sillouete was the last ship we sailed on and it is a beautiful ship. I am not brand loyal to any line, but I have to say the food and service is awesome. Thy are a cut above other lines in those areas. They honored my Platinum status from RCCl.

Sillouete was the last ship we sailed on and it is a beautiful ship. I am not brand loyal to any line, but I have to say the food and service is awesome. Thy are a cut above other lines in those areas. They honored my Platinum status from RCCl.

• • Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
  • • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • • Complimentary 90-minute Internet package ******This PER PASSENGER and can be used a little at a time.
  • • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)
  • • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item *******This is PER PASSENGER
  • • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing*****This is PER PASSENGER
  • • A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • • Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call
  • • Priority wait list in Main Dining Room
  • • Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡
  • • Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July1)

Excellent bathroom amenities

No slides, aqua parks or bumper cars... But very nice ships, service and food.

We've sailed on her twice and love this ship even though we prefer smaller ships. (things of the past)

bosco

As you can see, the Elite benefits are very similar to Diamond. We specifically waited to hit Diamond before trying Celebrity and were quite pleased. We now have our second Celebrity cruise booked for next year two days after disembarking a Trans Atlantic on Royal.

We are looking at booking a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette.

Does anyone know what perks we can expect as Diamond + on Royal? What loyalty level would that be on Celebrity?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not know but I can tell you that the Silhouette is the best ship we have ever been on .

Thank you for all the info! Happy to hear the positive feelings for Silhouette. We are looking at her because she checks a lot of boxes for us: Southern Caribbean, leaving from FL, March 2020 sailings, Diamond + status honored.

The two loyalty programmes are separate so your nights on X will not add to your C&A total, but you will receive the Ellie level perks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I wondered about this, also.

You must call Celebrity Captains Club with the information as to your RCCL Crown and Anchor numbers/Diamond + info.

They will issue the appropriate Captains Club numbers for your membership in Captains Club.

You will then use those new numbers to receive the proper acknowledgement of your Celebrity status.

The two loyalty programmes are separate so your nights on X will not add to your C&A total, but you will receive the Ellie level perks

Thanks! I wondered about this, also.

I didn't see where anyone mentioned you need to call the Captains Club to setup your Elite status. Also, if you enjoy suites, they're a little smaller than Royal's but they're better value with their all inclusive perks. Silhouette is a great ship.

You must call Celebrity Captains Club with the information as to your RCCL Crown and Anchor numbers/Diamond + info.

They will issue the appropriate Captains Club numbers for your membership in Captains Club.

You will then use those new numbers to receive the proper acknowledgement of your Celebrity status.

Thanks, that’s good to know!

I didn't see where anyone mentioned you need to call the Captains Club to setup your Elite status. Also, if you enjoy suites, they're a little smaller than Royal's but they're better value with their all inclusive perks. Silhouette is a great ship.

I was looking at the suites on the websit and thought they looked small. Thank you for confirming that for me.

I was looking at the suites on the websit and thought they looked small. Thank you for confirming that for me.
I wouldn't say small. They're S1 is about the size of a Royal JS but you get all the suite amenities.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the info! Happy to hear the positive feelings for Silhouette. We are looking at her because she checks a lot of boxes for us: Southern Caribbean, leaving from FL, March 2020 sailings, Diamond + status honored.

Do you know X are going through a refurbishment programme?

c6e7cb7ee5c9fa58c519ae5e52ad38fa.jpg

Looks like it will be done for your sailing

Haven’t been on the Silhouette, but our last several sailings have been on X, and we were extremely pleased with food, service, accommodations, and the ships in general. Like a previous poster said, you won’t see bumper cars, zip lines, etc. Most of the cruises we have taken seem to cater to an older crowd and are more laid back than Royal.

Royal is usually my first choice but we enjoy Celebrity too. I think the two lines are more alike than different but there are advantages to each. I prefer Royal’s MDR food over Celebrity’s but I like the buffet on Celebrity more.😀 We also prefer the DL/CL to the Captain’s Club. Our next Celebrity cruise includes drink packages so doubtful we will even go to the cocktail hours for Captain’s Club.

Celebrity offers some nice promotions at various times so if I can get a good deal on Celebrity for an itinerary I want, then we’ll book with Celebrity.

Sherri:)

Regarding the call to setup your Captain's Club number, I don't think it is necessary anymore after the recent updating of the Celebrity and Royal online accounts. The other day, I went to create a Celebrity account for the first time. After filling in the appropriate fields with the same info used for my Royal account, my Celebrity account was created, my number was assigned, and my level was automatically made Select (equivalent to my Emerald status). On my Royal Caribbean account, my Captain's Club number was automatically being shown at the bottom of my Settings page.

We normally do grand suites on rccl, perks are really great on celebrity , suite restaurant on all ships , food and service there were excellent , there suite lounge micheals has free drinks from early morning to midnight . We were on summit and sky suite was very small , I know they are bigger on the newer ships, buffet was way better than rccl. Problem is entertainment.

The X internet perk is much better for us than the RCCL. We use just for emails and to check in with the house sitter. You get an hour and a half EACH and you don't have to use it in one day.

We almost always do 12 day cruises and always get 2 loads of laundry done, saves packing.

If we bring any type of dressy wear the 2 garments free is great.

bosco

After 25+ cruises with RCI we were excited to try X Eclipse (we're D+ so we were Elite). We just returned from the May28-June7 Ireland, Iceland & Scotland. We loved the itinerary, ship was beautiful, service and food excellent (we ate most meals in the Oceanview Cafe) and had a nicely located AquaSuite #1552 that included internet and drink package as our chosen two perks.

However, the entertainment was poor and actually we ended up being bored to death.....even though we're very low key cruiser's and it doesn't take "much" to entertain us day or night or keep us busy....we ended up playing Scrabble in our cabin often...especially on those sea days...nothing to do and what was going on was a $'s and didn't appeal to us. Glad we tried but it's back to RCI for us.

After 25+ cruises with RCI we were excited to try X Eclipse (we're D+ so we were Elite). We just returned from the May28-June7 Ireland, Iceland & Scotland. We loved the itinerary, ship was beautiful, service and food excellent (we ate most meals in the Oceanview Cafe) and had a nicely located AquaSuite #1552 that included internet and drink package as our chosen two perks.

However, the entertainment was poor and actually we ended up being bored to death.....even though we're very low key cruiser's and it doesn't take "much" to entertain us day or night or keep us busy....we ended up playing Scrabble in our cabin often...especially on those sea days...nothing to do and what was going on was a $'s and didn't appeal to us. Glad we tried but it's back to RCI for us.

We were considering celebrity for the first time next year and as D+ would be Elite so was very interested in your comments and the lack of entertainment has pursuaded me to look at another RC cruise.