Jacket required?

some_body

Finalizing my packing for the equinox on 8/4. Is there any reason to have a jacket? Seems that all the dress code items only refer to log pants/sleeves.

(For clarity, This is a men’s jacket, the kind of typically worn with a tie, not to be confused with the multitude of other types of jackets, including, but not limited too, the thing you wrap around a book, but then again if someone could figure out how to wear that, they should be welcomed in any venue just for pulling that off)

Finalizing my packing for the equinox on 8/4. Is there any reason to have a jacket? Seems that all the dress code items only refer to log pants/sleeves.

A jacket is never required. Whether or not to wear one is entirely your choice.

We have noticed that there are fewer and fewer men wearing jackets to dinner with each Celebrity cruise that we take.

The mix varies with the nationalities of the passengers too, as on the whole Europeans tend to dress up more than Americans or Aussies, for example.

Do you have a wife or companion sailing with you? If so you might want to consider what they will be wearing and what you consider "chic".

Wife=Yes.

No desire for a jacket on this trip for either of us. Have traveled with tuxedo in the past. But no objection if it was needed.

(For clarity, This is a men’s jacket, the kind of typically worn with a tie, not to be confused with the multitude of other types of jackets, including, but not limited too, the thing you wrap around a book, but then again if someone could figure out how to wear that, they should be welcomed in any venue just for pulling that off)

Not required.

I wear a Jacket, but one of those travel Jackets with lots of pockets! Love it. Being of my age, I like a jacket for special dinners, although that has decreased a good deal.

As posted more than enough, nope, no jacket unless.......and isn’t that great.

Den