Cabin help Deck 12 Reflection

clcmdse

To our Celebrity gurus. We are looking at a great itinerary on Reflection next summer. The Sky Suite our TA has suggested is off the back of the ship on Deck 12 under the Cafe. I am not familiar with the ship. I read the wonderful cabin compilation that has been posted on CC. I saw some complaints about the noise from the Cafe above and perhaps soot as well. Wondering whether I should look for a different cabin.

Any advice is appreciated.

Catherine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would avoid any cabin/suite directly under a bar/cafe where people move chairs or they clean early in the morning based on been there, cone that.....so the answer is yes, try to find a different suite.

I would avoid any cabin/suite directly under a bar/cafe where people move chairs or they clean early in the morning based on been there, cone that.....so the answer is yes, try to find a different suite.

Thank you Ghstudio. That was my thought as well, but maybe hoping[emoji1]

Catherine

We were in a Concierge cabin on the Eclipse directly under the oceanview cafe and never heard a sound from above. Of course, the area we were under was carpeted. If you are under the outdoor eating area, that might be completely different.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Wondering whether I should look for a different cabin.

Any advice is appreciated.

Catherine

We've sailed in the Sky Suites under the cafe many times and it's never been a problem for us. We love staying in that area of the ship.

We live the S1 suites on Deck 12. We are not bothered by any noise from above. We are early risers and just love being up in the still, early morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you both for sharing your experiences. On a different line we were underneath the cafe and did not hear any distracting noises. Perhaps we will give this a try. The location is so nice.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences. On a different line we were underneath the cafe and did not hear any distracting noises. Perhaps we will give this a try. The location is so nice.

We were on Reflection in May in one of these Sky Suites under Oceanview and it was constant noise throughout the cruise; rumbling carts, loud clanging sounds and even heavy footfalls from heels at times. The noises would go even into the middle of the night (I would hear sounds of getting up to use the restroom). Not sure what was causing those sounds so late unless they were cleaning in the middle of the night. I was able to sleep with no issue as I wear earplugs at night but if you don’t I’d recommend looking for a cabin in another location. The noise was irritating during non-sleeping hours.

We are currently on day 3 of a 7 day on the Equinox in an S2 under the cafe. We're on the side, but there has been maybe a little noise, but not much. The puppy that our neighbors at home have makes more noise.

Friends on the aft mentioned it's a bit noisy but not tragic.

We were on Reflection in May in one of these Sky Suites under Oceanview and it was constant noise throughout the cruise; rumbling carts, loud clanging sounds and even heavy footfalls from heels at times. The noises would go even into the middle of the night (I would hear sounds of getting up to use the restroom). Not sure what was causing those sounds so late unless they were cleaning in the middle of the night. I was able to sleep with no issue as I wear earplugs at night but if you don’t I’d recommend looking for a cabin in another location. The noise was irritating during non-sleeping hours.

Not done much cruising but it really does seem like many ships have fairly decent wall insulation but really suffer from a lack of between-floor isolation. At times I feel like I'm in a war zone. As you say - heels the worst offender. It is like there is just a huge void allowing for loud echos.

Not done much cruising but it really does seem like many ships have fairly decent wall insulation but really suffer from a lack of between-floor isolation. At times I feel like I'm in a war zone. As you say - heels the worst offender. It is like there is just a huge void allowing for loud echos.

This was one of the few times I had experienced this. Normally when I have another cabin overhead I hear nothing. The only other cabin I experienced noise on was an S Class Royal Suite on Deck 11 which was set below the end of the pool area. There was a storage room right over our balcony and part of the living room where the staff was constantly slamming the door and dragging things around all day long and into the evening. We couldn’t peacefully sit out on our balcony without hearing constant banging above. I have never understood the rationale for putting some of your most expensive cabins directly under some of the noisiest areas of the ship.

Just a personal opinion, but I would avoid ANY cabin underneath the Oceanview Café, or any bars. Always try to have cabins above you and cabins below you, that is my motto!

We were in a Concierge cabin on the Eclipse directly under the oceanview cafe and never heard a sound from above. Of course, the area we were under was carpeted. If you are under the outdoor eating area, that might be completely different.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Whst cabin # thanks as we're travelling on the Eclipse on deck 12 soon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app