FLL Airport to Downtown Miami Hotels?

KTMay1917

Hey Folks,

We are flying into FLL the day before out cruise for our November sailing out of Miami. Southwest only flies to FLL and we are booked on points. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (7&4 at time of sailing).

What are our options for transportation to our hotel in downtown Miami? I saw Super Shuttle and "GO" airport car service. Are these town-car style services able to accommodate kids our age? Any other ideas? Obviously would like both a fast and economical solution as we land in FLL at 9:30AM and plan on spending the day touring in Miami and/or South Beach.

Thanks!

I would suggest a rental car. You could also venture a bit further south to Virginia Key and Key Biscayne, there is an aquarium on Virginia Key and a state park with beautiful beaches.

For dinner I would highly recommend Yardbird, a Southern Table in South Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your hotel is in Downtown Miami so the cost of a rental car and parking might not be worth it.

You could just go with an Uber. Depending on how much luggage you have an UberX or UberXLwill do the trick. If you only have two suitcases an UberX should be fine and be around $35.00 to Downtown Miami.

An UberXL will be closer to $75.00.

You might find around the same prices of a UberXL for the other services but an Uber will be easier and quicker. UberX is always the cheapest option 95% of the time.

For getting around Miami, in Brickell and Downtown you can use the free metromover system or Uber and to get to South Beach/Miami Beach use an Uberx.

I would not do a rental car with the limited time you have. Too much hassle especially if South Beach is your destination. Parking is hard to find and very expensive. Super Shuttles are usually really expensive too. Some of the commonly recommended shared shuttle serves (Jiffy Jeff, SAS, QLS, etc) can provide car seats or boosters if needed. You may not be able to get into a hotel until late afternoon so I would plan accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Train is a good and cheap option from FLL to MIA

TriRail takes you do MIA airport and offers options to connect to downtown Miami.

Complimentary shuttles pick you up at FLL and takes you to the station.

http://www.tri-rail.com

There is another train called Brightline, direct to downtown Miami but more expensive than TriRail.

https://gobrightline.com

I would not suggest the train to MIA and connections to downtown for a family travelling with bags and two small kids.

Taxi - including taxi vans and SUVs big enough for all 4 plus bags - from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will be about $75 (same fare as UberXL). You can get private town car service from Go Airport or Larry's Limos for closer to $100+

Your other option is to cancel the Miami hotel, stay in the FLL area, and then Uber/taxi/limo/shuttle straight to POM the next morning. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Have a great cruise! :)

Train is a good and cheap option from FLL to MIA

TriRail takes you do MIA airport and offers options to connect to downtown Miami.

Complimentary shuttles pick you up at FLL and takes you to the station.

http://www.tri-rail.com

There is another train called Brightline, direct to downtown Miami but more expensive than TriRail.

https://gobrightline.com

Brightline is not an option from FLL to Miami. Take just as long to get there and with taxi/uber to the Brightline station the cost savings is zero.

Tri-Rail is an option, with the free shuttle to the FLL Tri-Rail station. But not easy with kids. But it is a cheaper option. It would then require another transfer to the Metrorail from the Miami Airport station.

Once Tri-Rail opens up in Downtown Miami, then it would be a good choice.

. I would want the easiest route to Miami hotel from Ft Lauderdale,Airport. IT is approximately a 40 minute drive without any accidents . I would arrange for an SUV Uber or Lyft to take you to whatever hotel you are staying. You can prearrange a pickup at the airport and arrive within an hour , to your destination. To me, The small savings from taking a Bus or Train, is not worth the inconvenience..

Thanks for all the tips folks! This used to be easier before kids LOL! I had looked at the GO Aiport site and noticed a town car service one way to our hotel for our date of arrival is only about $86 total out the door. I feel like thats pretty darn fair considering it is a private non-stop car.

Thanks!

I would not do a rental car with the limited time you have. Too much hassle especially if South Beach is your destination. Parking is hard to find and very expensive. Super Shuttles are usually really expensive too. Some of the commonly recommended shared shuttle serves (Jiffy Jeff, SAS, QLS, etc) can provide car seats or boosters if needed. You may not be able to get into a hotel until late afternoon so I would plan accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, we are heading to the hotel first thing upon arrival so they can hold our bags. We'll probably do one of the boat tours or something that leaves from Bayside Market, eat lunch, maybe go over to southbeach etc. to watch the Saturday ships leave port since we leave on a Sunday.