Price drops — check your bookings!

RebelAthena

We booked last week for a September sailing on the Magic (three rooms), and the prices dropped over the weekend; specifically, the price dropped $64 per room, and Carnival honored the new pricing.

Check your booking! If you can’t get the price difference, you can often times get extra OBC.

We received on board credit a few months ago for a price drop, but I don't see the credit in my booking information. Do you know if they show it there, or will it automatically show up on my sign and sail account when we board?

Do you just call Carnival (assuming you booked directly) and ask? I just checked and my September Fascination sailing has dropped $50. Not a lot, but if I could get that in OBC that would be nice. They will get it in the end anyway..

We received on board credit a few months ago for a price drop, but I don't see the credit in my booking information. Do you know if they show it there, or will it automatically show up on my sign and sail account when we board?

Ours didn't show up online in the cruise manager, but was on our boarding documents we printed after doing online check-in.

Do you see these price drops after final payments are due? My room type is currently sold out for our December cruise.

Ours dropped considerably after final payment, we re-booked at that rate and got the difference back in OBC.

Do you just call Carnival (assuming you booked directly) and ask? I just checked and my September Fascination sailing has dropped $50. Not a lot, but if I could get that in OBC that would be nice. They will get it in the end anyway..

I used an unnamed internet travel agency, but I’ve been privy to the call: “yeah, [customer] booked on this date and price dropped on this date. [Customer] is [sailing for the first time/is a loyal cruiser] Can you match the price?”

This must be one of the reasons to use an independent TA instead of booking directly. I called and while the Carnival TA saw the price $25/PP lower on the website, she said she had no way to change the booking to that rate. I might try again later tonight or tomorrow.

This must be one of the reasons to use an independent TA instead of booking directly. I called and while the Carnival TA saw the price $25/PP lower on the website, she said she had no way to change the booking to that rate. I might try again later tonight or tomorrow.

that is typtically carnival customer service. you always have to keep calling back

last month i called in a price drop and i think a new person as i can hear someone talking in the background explaining the process

My situation is a little unique so if anyone can relate, be persistent with the price drops. I booked through a reward program with my CC company (using points and cash). Using the TA was kind of a pain to be honest. If I wasn't saving 50% on my cruise I wouldn't have done it. I noticed I booked early saver on the documents they sent me. When I noticed a price dropped I called to ask about it, and whoever answered at the TA office didn't know what I was talking about. They said they would call me back and never did (this was 3 months back). I called them back last week (I'm 30 days out from the cruise) and told them I NEEDED them to submit a price protection form for me for my Carnival cruise. The TA on the phone listened, put me on hold came back 20 minutes later said it was done and told me she'll call me back if it's approved etc. Since my cruise is paid in full I assumed I would get OBC.

The next day I looked at my booking summary and my cruise rate was adjusted. But no where did it say that I was to get OBC. I assumed again that I would get OBC once I boarded the boat and it would be assigned to my S&S account. But something made me nervous about it because this isn't a normal booking. I called back today and the TA that answered was very helpful. She found out that because of the way it was booked through them, I don't get OBC even though it's paid in full I get a refund. She refunded my CC the difference.

There was a point where I was sooo annoyed with dealing with this TA that I wasn't gonna bother with the price difference but when I looked $138 was more than I could let go.

Point of the story, BE persistent! I got my cruise even cheaper!

Hi

Just thought that I would mention, that prices don't drop across the board (at any time). They don't even typically go down across the board (or up) within a given ship, at the same time.

It's all about supply and demand, within a given cabin class, on any given ship, for any specific sail date.

If you are hoping for price drops, you should be looking often (as often as you can). The only time I would stop looking would be if I am no longer eligible for a price drop, or if the price has climbed significantly higher, and then I would only check once in a while (maybe monthly).

hope this helps

I got back 174 dollars. Just be careful and check your new deposit. My first booking I only had to pay half the normal deposit and remainder Aug 6th but when they changed my booking to get the better deal I had to pay a bigger deposit on the day they changed it. My Carnival travel agent didnt catch it nor did I . I got an email yesterday saying my excursions were cancelled and I was like "what?" so I called Carnival and while i was on hold my Carnival agent called me and asked if everything was ok and why did i cancel my cruise?.. I didnt!! He was super nice and called me right back after he figured out the reason I was cancelled (because I didnt pay my deposit for the new adjusted cruise). I just ASSUMED it was all due August 6th like before. Luckily my room was still available and the Carnival agent took care of it all. I did have to go in and re-book my excursions but it didnt take long. Did save 174 with the special though.