NCL EPIC - what time do you have to be on board if it says 7PM sailing

We have a tour that ends around 545 PM back at the ship

I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue but NCL is saying to be back on board a minimum of 2 hours

What you are reading is the requirements for the embarkation day. Read again it is clear. All aboard at ports is normally one hours before sail away. Be on time, they will not wait.

Thanks Keith ---- This is NOT an embarking day - it is day 2 of the cruise (NCL EPIC - Livorno / Florence)

We are planning on taking a local bus transfer (Tuscany Bus Company) to Florence and Pisa. Arrival is scheduled in Livorno at 17:20 - Ship leaves at 19:00

I think we won't have an issue - I'm surprised to see the comment to be back on ship by 2 hours considering they say 7 am to 7 pm at this stop.

Playing it safe!!!

Is this during a port stop or on embarkation day?

The two hour restriction is embarkation day only. The NCL website is very unclear on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply ----- can't wait for the "zoo" --- this will be our biggest ship we have been on. This will make the wife feel better !! appreciated

You will be fine. I just got off the Epic and "All-Aboard" time was always 30 minutes before sailing. Even with Cannes Tenders, people were still getting on way past the recommended time, it was quite a zoo actually.

Thanks Keith ---- This is NOT an embarking day - it is day 2 of the cruise (NCL EPIC - Livorno / Florence)

We are planning on taking a local bus transfer (Tuscany Bus Company) to Florence and Pisa. Arrival is scheduled in Livorno at 17:20 - Ship leaves at 19:00

I think we won't have an issue - I'm surprised to see the comment to be back on ship by 2 hours considering they say 7 am to 7 pm at this stop.

Playing it safe!!!

Yes, you will be absolutely fine. All aboard will be 6.30.

The question about the two hours gets asked on here regularly (you are at least the second in the last week). It isn’t clear at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing it safe!!!

The on board two hours ahead of departure is only from initial embarkation. Your on board time will be 30 minutes prior to sail away. NCL mentions this somewhere in the documentation, but it is buried and the 2 hour initial time is prominently displayed.

They have in print that you need to be onboard 2 hours before sailing (and I thought I remembered that was the rule on my last cruise with NCL a number of years ago), but just got off the Spirit and it was 30 mins before. We were never on the “naughty list”, but in each port they called a list of names of people who hadn’t returned on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have in print that you need to be onboard 2 hours before sailing (and I thought I remembered that was the rule on my last cruise with NCL a number of years ago), but just got off the Spirit and it was 30 mins before. We were never on the “naughty list”, but in each port they called a list of names of people who hadn’t returned on time.

As discussed above, that is because the 2 hours actually only applies to embarkation day. It is just badly laid out on the website, so that isn't clear.

The actual all aboard times are printed in the freestyle daily and are shown on the gangway. As you say, that is usually just 30 minutes before departure.

They are often calling people who appear not o be back. I believe that it is sometimes because they didn't scan in properly, which is why they call their names around the ship. In my experience, it isn't unusual to hear the same names being called day after day.

Playing it safe!!!

We did exactly same tour with same company off same ship last year..most of the tour will be off the Epic.. they'll definitely get you back in time(think they might even guarantee it on there website)..last year tour took us back to the ship instead of dropping us off at the shuttle stop even though we had plenty of time.

It's a good tour for the money also..bit rushed but good way of seeing the main sites. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app