Pride of America Back to back

Mooch7

Has anyone ever done two weeks b2b on the Pride? We did one week 6 years ago and loved it. This time we have two weeks off work and thought about doing 1 week on PoA and then one week somewhere in Hawaii, but love seeing all the different ports and thought it might be cheaper than getting a room and car, flights to another island, etc as Oahu is not our favourite.

I know the production acts will repeat, but that does not really concern me as we usually found we were pretty tired anyway. Thought one time in Maui we might rent a car and book a place in Hana for one night so we can take our time on the road.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Although not on the Pride - but we HAVE done B2B on 7 day itineraries that visit the same ports! We have found that it takes away the stress of feeling as though you have to do it all in each port as what we don't do this week, we can do the following week!

And there is also the option of just choosing to stay on the ship if you feel that one port is not worthy of two visits! And let me tell you....there is NOTHING better than seeing everyone else packed and in line to disembark while knowing that your vacation is only at the "halfway" mark!

I would do it if only for not having to pack and unpack. And I hate driving...especially in areas that we are not familiar with....so the B2B works perfectly for us! Even if it is to the same ports.

There's certainly nothing wrong with a B2B and repeating all the ports but before you make your decision, do some research.

Round trip flights from Oahu to Maui & back are relatively inexpensive. Hotels and condos in Kihei are available for as little as $150 a night. They're twice as much in Kaanapali but POA is pretty pricey so it may actually cost less & it you'll have the opportunity to truly get the feel of the island.

As much as I love to cruise, I would take the cruise and then spend a week on Maui in a heartbeat.

I don't have "stress" with this itinerary.

I pretty much always go for 3 weeks, 1 week on the cruise- IF cheap enough ( which it usually isn't :) then I'm a week in each of Maui and Hawaii with rental cars.

Determine WHAT you want to see and do. It's cheap and easy to fly between islands.

IMO it will be less expensive to stay on land and island hop for two weeks than it will to do two back to backs, especially if you don't like Oahu. Fly directly to the Big Island, stay a few days and move to Kuai or Maui, stay a few days and then go to the other. You can fly back to the mainland directly from Maui or the Big Island or Oahu.