Canceling Shore Excursions

Giantfan13

We are sailing on the Pride this October. We haven't sailed Carnival in a few years and we were wondering what the policy is of booking a shore excursion and then deciding we don't want to go.

Is this something that we can do easily?

Is there a time frame on it?

Is there any penalty for cancelling a shore excursion?

If we pay for it with OBC, do we get that credit back on our account?

Cheers

Len

If I remember correctly you will see the cancellation policy during the purchase process. Most I have purchased could be cancelled anytime prior to embarkation day.

Refunds are made the same way payment was received, to a credit card, gift card, etc.

I know carnivals policy for a refunds states that your refund come as the same way that the purchase was made. However I purchased a shore excursion with an e-gift card. When I cancel that shore excursion I got my refund as gift card not a e-gift card.

Edited by steadyone

How can I cancel a shore excursion online?

In order to cancel a shore excursion order, please follow these steps:

• Login or access your booking by going to https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest
  • Once in My CRUISE MANAGER, select VIEW DETAILS to view specific information about your cruise vacation.
  • Click on the MY ACTIVITIES tab which will display the excursion purchased.
  • Then click on the VIEW ORDER link on the right hand side.
  • User will be directed to the MODIFY ORDER page.
  • Select the guest(s) that wish to be removed by checking their respective boxes on the right hand side.
  • Complete the contact information located below.
  • Click on CONFIRM CHANGES to remove guest or to cancel excursion.

What is the cancellation and refund policy for shore excursions in the event of bad weather or unexpected circumstances?

Certain excursions have minimum guest participation requirements and shore excursions may be cancelled or modified depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of cancellation or modification of a tour, best efforts will be made to provide advance notice. Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. Full refunds will be made to guests who purchased excursions which get cancelled. If the shore excursions are cancelled prior to the sailing, you will receive a refund directly to the form of payment used to pay for the shore excursion order. If the shore excursions are cancelled while onboard, the amount of the refund will be credited to your shipboard account.

Can I cancel or add to my shore tour order?

• Online: Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the pre-sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board. In the event of pre-sailing, online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on your account.
  • Onboard: After the pre-sails cut off time, cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:
    • 25% charge once onboard
    • 100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port
    • Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.
    • Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

I know carnivals policy for a refunds states that your refund come as the same way that the purchase was made. However a purchased a shore excursion with an e-gift card. When I cancel that shore excursion I got my refund as gift card not a e-gift card.

Thanks for that clarification.

Thanks for the great info.

So if I book a shore excursion tomorrow for an October sailing, am I paying for it now, or will it be charged to my on board account upon sailing?

Cheers

Len

You have to pay for it at the time you book it.

If you wait until you are on board to book, it would then be charged your S&S account.

But forget, if you wait until your on board to book it, it may be sold out. So if it's sometime you really want to do, book and paid for it now.

Agreed ,they do sell out rather quickly.

Even if you book the excursions a year in advance (or whenever they are first available to book), the amount of interest you could maybe earn for having the money in your bank is peanuts, compared to the piece of mind that the excursion you want won't be sold out on you.

Also, excursion prices can increase without notice. We were debating back and forth on which one to do. When we finally decided, they were about $6/person more. Price went up within the previous few days.

I suggest booking the excursions as soon as you decide you want to do them.

And, if you change your mind prior to the cutoff listed above, you do get a full refund.