Carnival WiFi Question

kevref22

Hello,

This is a pretty specific question regarding the Carnival WiFi. I am a hockey Referee In Chief and am sailing during late play-off season. We have our own website and our own email addresses through said website. There is a webmail version but I am am wondering if the middle package of wifi will allow me access as it isn't a conventional email provider? How can I find out as I can't be away from my email for more than a day at a time or things can go sadly wrong.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Hello,

This is a pretty specific question regarding the Carnival WiFi. I am a hockey Referee In Chief and am sailing during late play-off season. We have our own website and our own email addresses through said website. There is a webmail version but I am am wondering if the middle package of wifi will allow me access as it isn't a conventional email provider? How can I find out as I can't be away from my email for more than a day at a time or things can go sadly wrong.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but the mom of a former hockey player, now ref, I get it! My first thought is that it might not be ok, but try it, and if you need to upgrade later do it. Also, sometimes it depends on the ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I think it will work. I always get premium and all of my email accounts work...even my work one. But I think it will work for you with the middle package. The difference between value and premium is supposed to be connection speed, not what you have access to.

If you have to sign on to a VPN account to get access to your internal servers,,, then sadly,, the answer will be no on any level of internet service on any ship. Latency is over 600 mS and speeds are in the Kbyte range usually.

I cannot get into my companies servers due to the VPN issue while I am on board a ship.