Time limit on deposit

Nan_Sea

Today I moved a deposit and that was not a problem. I kept the booking number and so kept the OBC . No problem. However, I could not seem to make the person I was speaking to understand one question. Maybe it's me and the way I phrased the question. I tried several times in different ways and gave up and now I am hoping someone here will be of help. I understand I can move the deposit several times as long as it is before final payment. My question is,does the deposit ever become void. In other words is there a time limit on using it? Not valid after a year or whatever.

Interesting question. We have three cruises booked on-board that we aren't doing...but I'm holding on to them for the reduced deposit and on-board booking OBC. We'll be on a cruise next month and I'll probably cancel two of the bookings we have and make new ones....just to hold on to the extra OBC. The third is parked with an agent that charges a cancellation fee unless you move the booking to a new cruise. We'll hold that one...I hate cancellation fees.

Interesting question. We have three cruises booked on-board that we aren't doing...but I'm holding on to them for the reduced deposit and on-board booking OBC. We'll be on a cruise next month and I'll probably cancel two of the bookings we have and make new ones....just to hold on to the extra OBC. The third is parked with an agent that charges a cancellation fee unless you move the booking to a new cruise. We'll hold that one...I hate cancellation fees.

If you cancel a booking you lose any perks associated with it. If you just move the booking as the OP did you do not lose anything. Keep that in mind..

Steve

If you cancel a booking you lose any perks associated with it. If you just move the booking as the OP did you do not lose anything. Keep that in mind..

Steve

Is this always the case?

I seem to recall reading on CC that the perks are not always transferrable but I cannot recall the details.

Steve

The only perks that move with your booking are the lower deposit and the "book on-board" OBC.....and the OBC changes if the duration of your cruise changes.....for example if you change from a 14 night european cruise on-board and then move that reservation to a transatlantic, your "on-board booking" OBC changes from $250 to $100. The deposit stays the same.

All other perks are whatever Celebrity is offering on the new cruise you are transferring to...at the time you make the transfer.