Cruise Director

I am fairly new to cruising, now having four under my belt. I am totally hooked, and can't think of when I've had a better vacation experience! So much fun, and the "best bang for my buck." :cool:I am going on another cruise the end of this month, and I've done this same one last year. I was curious if my cruise line, Carnival, rotates their staff/crew members? More specifically, am I likely to have the same "Cruise Director" this trip as I did last time? Same ship, same destination. Make no mistake, he was a great guy, and kept the fun going! But I had the most difficult time understanding him! ie: announcements, etc. He talked SO FAST! I thought, "It's just me" as I am slightly hearing impaired. My travel companion however, who has perfect hearing said, "I wish he'd slow down, I can hardly understand most of what he's saying!" So, I'm kind of hoping for someone different.... :rolleyes:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Ima! Yes, Carnival does move ship staff around, including the CD. The question would be how long has it been since you were on the ship you are sailing again on? If it was last year, I would expect there would be a different CD. If it was 3-4 months ago, you might have the same CD. Below is a link to the Carnival CD schedule. You can look at each ship and see who is CD during what time frame. Enjoy your cruise!!

https://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CCL-ED.CD-Schedule-5.03.18.pdf

"cdavid46"..... Thank you for your response! I checked out the link for CD's on my upcoming cruise. Very helpful! There will be a different CD than the previous. In fact, I didn't see the other's name at all? Perhaps he retired his "sea legs!" Thanks again!