Disembarkation time Southampton

sammybonny

We will be on Magnifica in September for 7 nights and according to the Southampton cruise schedule website the ship is due to dock at 8am.

Can anyone who has done a similar cruise this summer tell me what time I can expect to be able to leave the ship as I am looking to book my train tickets.

Is it possible to request a time or are they just allocated by MSC?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It helps if you are in the Yacht Club i.e. you get to be the first ones to leave, and your butler sorts out luggage for you.....probably Magnifica doesn't have such, so the equivalent is probably a high end suite cabin! Second best thing is to be a Black Card Voyager, which gives priority disembark....there are lots of BCV holders though!

Other than that, it depends what MSC decide to do and as you say it takes time to get the luggage off the ship! You will know that the train station is within about a mile of the port area, but I wouldn't risk booking anything before about 10.30am.

When we were onboard in June we got alongside by 0800 and we were off the ship by 0830. Disembarkation was between 0830 and 1030. We also arrived at at different cruise terminal from the one we departed from which meant that we were a bit further from the car park! Our luggage was in the terminal and it was all very efficient. Of course others may have had a different experience. Enjoy your cruise.

When we were onboard in June we got alongside by 0800 and we were off the ship by 0830. Disembarkation was between 0830 and 1030. We also arrived at at different cruise terminal from the one we departed from which meant that we were a bit further from the car park! Our luggage was in the terminal and it was all very efficient. Of course others may have had a different experience. Enjoy your cruise.
Thanks for that info. Can I ask what time embarkation began. We are staying in a hotel in Southampton the previous night so would like to board early.

Also did you self disembark with your luggage or put it out the night before.

Thanks for that info. Can I ask what time embarkation began. We are staying in a hotel in Southampton the previous night so would like to board early.

Cannot remember what time boarding began as we embarked about 1530 as we travelled by car and were were held up in traffic.

There are lots of posts on Cruise Critic about embarkation times and how people ignore them. What you may find is that you can embark but your cabin will not be ready and so you can explore the ship and have lunch. Our cruise cards were in our cabin and you would need them for drinks. On our cruise the passengers were mostly German (embarked in Hamburg) and other EU nationalities so not many Brits to embark

Sorry missed the second question. We put the cases out the night before.

We will be on Magnifica in September for 7 nights and according to the Southampton cruise schedule website the ship is due to dock at 8am.

Can anyone who has done a similar cruise this summer tell me what time I can expect to be able to leave the ship as I am looking to book my train tickets.

Is it possible to request a time or are they just allocated by MSC?

We have booked train for 9.46 with the hope that we will be fine by then. On a recent NCL cruise we walked off with our luggage for the first time (they are really pushing for that now) and it was great, so easy. So might do that on this cruise too.

Not long now till September.:D :D

34ac35382d7499eb10b511019567321e.jpg3cc73043b3db8b7aea245f6455daa959.jpg

I hope this works. Just found these for our disembarkation in June. They should answer most of your queries. To meet your train times I suggest you go to Guest Services early on in the cruise to request an early disembarkation.

34ac35382d7499eb10b511019567321e.jpg3cc73043b3db8b7aea245f6455daa959.jpg

I hope this works. Just found these for our disembarkation in June. They should answer most of your queries. To meet your train times I suggest you go to Guest Services early on in the cruise to request an early disembarkation.

Many thanks [emoji6]