Sail Away Rate

camper49

No!

Promotions are excluded on this category and not recommended if you have specific deck & window preferences, proximity to elevators, etc.

So a sail away rate is just a better rate...u can’t pick a cabin...no take five or free at sea?

First time cruising ncl!

I booked my upcoming cruise with sail away rate, which is $200 less than the lowest normal rate. With normal rate, I can pick the cabin number and two free stuff.

I prefer sail away because I am not interested in the free stuff (I don't drink).

That is correct.

Incorrect.

Sail away rates are guaranteed cabins in a selectec category.

We have booked these several times most recently in a BD and got the two amenities. After final payment we were upgraded to BB with our 2 amenities.

This is usually a good deal if you are not particular about a certain cabin.

Good Luck!

Sail away rate for balcony is BX. BD is the is the guarantee cabins that qualify to receive amenities.

Inside sail away is labeled IX

Ocean view sail away is labeled OX

Mini suite sail away is MX

Each of these X categories do not qualify for any free amenities. In all of the above mention cabin levels the is guarantee rates(where no specific cabin is assigned) that you may choose an amenity.

I booked my upcoming cruise with sail away rate, which is $200 less than the lowest normal rate. With normal rate, I can pick the cabin number and two free stuff.

I prefer sail away because I am not interested in the free stuff (I don't drink).

Better check that. Sailaway does NOT include any freebies or cabin choice.

Incorrect.

Sail away rates are guaranteed cabins in a selectec category.

We have booked these several times most recently in a BD and got the two amenities. After final payment we were upgraded to BB with our 2 amenities.

This is usually a good deal if you are not particular about a certain cabin.

Good Luck!

Wrong, sail away and GTY are different things. If you booked a BD that is NOT a Sail Away but it COULD be a GTY.

Wrong, sail away and GTY are different things. If you booked a BD that is NOT a Sail Away but it COULD be a GTY.

X and GTY are both Sailaway rates.

X does not include amenities.

You were partly right but mostly wrong. :p

X and GTY are both Sailaway rates.

X does not include amenities.

You were partly right but mostly wrong. :p

WRONG, GTY is NOT a sail away rate.

A Sail Away is simply the lowest rate available for a cabin type (inside, ocean view, etc). You specifically book a Sail Away rate and get zero freebies when you are at the page to pick your cabin level. It is always the last one listed. This USED TO BE called GTY but GTY now is something different.

GTY is when you pick a specific cabin level (I2, O1, BD, etc) and the system has put that cabin level in GTY mode. You PAY THE NORMAL PRICE FOR THAT CABIN LEVEL (NOT the sail away rate) and get the freebies but you do not get to pick a specific cabin. You can not specifically choose to book a GTY cabin like you can a Sail Away. You get put in a GTY status if the cabin level you choose for the sailing you are booking happens to be in GTY status.

NO SAIL AWAY CABINS GET FREEBIES.