Miami Hotel Recommendation

ostrich710

Hi, everyone!

We sail out of Miami on Allure this December, although it is likely that we will fly into FLL, as it is looking considerably less expensive. We will fly in the day before our cruise and enjoy dinner in Miami. My other half is also interested in spending a bit of time around his alma mater, Barry University. Not sure yet if we will Uber or rent a car. Any suggestions on the most convenient hotel for our purposes? Would like something nice enough, but would like to keep it within the $200 mark or so.

Thanks for your input!

Laura

Plug the school address into Google maps and then search for nearby hotels - that's a long way from the downtown hotels usually suggested on this board. Hopefully one of the Miami locals will chime in with suggestions.

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Miami that offers free parking and port shuttle? We're leaving on the Equinox Oct 15, and since Port of Miami parking is $22/day, and we'll be gone 8 days, we may be better off driving down the night before, staying at an inexpensive hotel, and leaving the car there. I want to keep my price as close to $100 as possible. For one night, I'm not fussy, as long as it's clean and comfortable, and free breakfast is a bonus.