Price Match After Final Payment Due

I am booked with a travel agent for the Allure, Sept. 2. My agent said there is no price matching after the final payment due date, but I have seen elsewhere that Royal often issues an onboard credit in these cases, so when I saw the cruise $200 cheaper, I called my travel agent and asked her to call Royal.

She called me back and said there was nothing they could do, but I don't really think she called so I called Royal myself. Royal said that they can price adjust, but my agent has to call to get the adjustment. So, I have to wait until Monday to call my agent again. I hope the price stays low, but while I wait, what are your experiences in these cases? Does my agent get a cut of the final price so she doesn't want to lower it? Is the credit just something that Royal does on a whim, depending on whom you talk to?

No after final (unless within 24 hours) you cannot get anything back or get OBC. What you can do is see if cabins in categories above what you currently have are less than what you paid. If so, you can move up. We had a balcony on Harmony in Dec. The JS went on sale for less than we paid for our balcony so we were able to move to a JS for no additional cost.

I recently got $300 back by repricing on final payment date but after I had submitted final payment. I was surprised it work honestly.

Yes, but that was on Final Payment Date. Once past that, you are not getting anything back

I am booked with a travel agent for the Allure, Sept. 2. My agent said there is no price matching after the final payment due date, but I have seen elsewhere that Royal often issues an onboard credit in these cases, so when I saw the cruise $200 cheaper, I called my travel agent and asked her to call Royal.

She called me back and said there was nothing they could do, but I don't really think she called so I called Royal myself. Royal said that they can price adjust, but my agent has to call to get the adjustment. So, I have to wait until Monday to call my agent again. I hope the price stays low, but while I wait, what are your experiences in these cases? Does my agent get a cut of the final price so she doesn't want to lower it? Is the credit just something that Royal does on a whim, depending on whom you talk to?

There is no OBC after final payment date. When you called Royal, the agent must have misunderstood that you want OBC after the final date. Your TA is right.

No after final (unless within 24 hours) you cannot get anything back or get OBC. What you can do is see if cabins in categories above what you currently have are less than what you paid. If so, you can move up. We had a balcony on Harmony in Dec. The JS went on sale for less than we paid for our balcony so we were able to move to a JS for no additional cost.

Okay, so if nothing else, I booked a guaranteed balcony (XB), which was recently assigned (room 7328) at the very back of the ship (7D?). Since the 1D balcony is cheaper than I paid for mine, would that be considered a higher category or just a better room in the same category?

Since the 1D balcony is cheaper than I paid for mine, would that be considered a higher category or just a better room in the same category?

The category doesn't matter, the price does. You should be able to get that 1D cabin for no cost, if it really is less than what you paid. Also, look at any perks that are involved and look at the overall value.

That used to be royal’s policy but has not been the case for many years

Your agent is correct, after final payment date you are not entitled to any price adjustment. You may however be able to get a cheap or free upgrade if higher level cabins have fallen in price. We have done that in the past, most recently on Ovation where we upgraded to a balcony for just $200