Royal and South America itinerary

Celebrity has a few routes including cruises around the horn.

We are looking at S America for Feb 2020. Wanted to do Santiago to BA and then on to Iguazu and back to BA to experience Argentine Tango. Haven’t booked it yet but Princess have the exact cruise and itinerary using Iglu Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking at S America for Feb 2020. Wanted to do Santiago to BA and then on to Iguazu and back to BA to experience Argentine Tango. Haven’t booked it yet but Princess have the exact cruise and itinerary using Iglu Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked 3/1/20 Celebrity Eclipse BA to Santiago (San Antonio) Horn trip, then staying on B2B to San Diego.

Good luck with your bookings - bucket list trip for us.

Celebrity has a few routes including cruises around the horn.

I booked the Celebrity cruise for Mar/2020, San Antonio to San Diego. It was a great price and I like it ended on the Westcoast. I would have booked the prior cruise from Buenos Aires to San Antonio, but NCL was almost $1k cheaper, so I went with that one. It arrives in San Antonio day before Celebrity ship leaves. Sometimes you have to be creative for places you want to see.

I booked the Celebrity cruise for Mar/2020, San Antonio to San Diego. It was a great price and I like it ended on the Westcoast. I would have booked the prior cruise from Buenos Aires to San Antonio, but NCL was almost $1k cheaper, so I went with that one. It arrives in San Antonio day before Celebrity ship leaves. Sometimes you have to be creative for places you want to see.

We saw that too. Considering the need to pack, get off the Princess ship, transport to a SA hotel, meals, transport back to the Celebrity ship the next morning, re-board, re-unpack, ... we didn't think it was worth the (at the time) $650 savings. Would have spent a good portion of the savings on the hotel & other extra expenses, to say nothing of the hassle.

Just our opinion/decision. Same cabin B2B worked better for us. YMMV.

We saw that too. Considering the need to pack, get off the Princess ship, transport to a SA hotel, meals, transport back to the Celebrity ship the next morning, re-board, re-unpack, ... we didn't think it was worth the (at the time) $650 savings. Would have spent a good portion of the savings on the hotel & other extra expenses, to say nothing of the hassle.

Just our opinion/decision. Same cabin B2B worked better for us. YMMV.

I can agree with that. I will keep an eye on the Celebrity cruise and if it drops in price, I may jump over. Plus, I haven’t priced a hotel in SA yet. That could be a deciding factor for a switch. Being a solo traveler, I try to save where I can, but if it gets to be within a couple hundred, I would much rather not have to pack and unpack twice.

Wish they would start again with a bigger ship! (y)

They'd have to FILL that big ship.... They can do okay with Rhapsody, but even my sailing (back in 2016, the "two years ago mentioned above") wasn't totally full.